Hi!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AMBene, Jan 20, 2011.

1. AMBene

AMBene Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2010
    Slidell
    I have been posting on the quail sections for the last few days as I will be getting my first quail eggs to hatch in a couple about a month or so... gettng advice.

But I have chickens![​IMG]

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? New to chickens. Learning everything we can!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 7 chickens who are now 6months old and 5 have started laying over the course of the past 2-3 weeks!

(3) What breeds do you have? 4 - 2 black Astralorpes; 2 Red Stars; 1 easter egger, 1 RIR; 1 speckled sussex

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Internet search for chicken coop ideas

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? gardening, serious photography (do professonal portraits), crafts, painting, kids

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    Married to an awesome man, 5 kids, the last 3 were triplets, 1 of which became our sweet little angel. We have a 20 yo, 17 yo and Will & Emma are now 4 yo. We live in very much neighborhood on a lot that is under a 1/2 acre. We have a small ornamental pond with gold fish, a 2 1/5lb yorkie, a pet Nutria ([​IMG] that right!), 2 african leopard tortoises (the 4th largest tortoise in the world, but ours are still rather small), a bunny

2. S&N Livestock

S&N Livestock Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    southern ohio
    [​IMG] from Ohio

3. vebyrd36

vebyrd36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2010
    New Ringgold Pa
    Nice to meet you, welcome to fuzzy butt world. Hay jump over to the koi pond thread to see the pond pics people have posted.

4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    [​IMG] From Texas!

5. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    [​IMG] from Indiana [​IMG]

6. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Welcome!

7. AMBene

AMBene Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2010
    Slidell
    Thank you all for the warm welcome. I am from Slidell, LA which is just outside of New Orleans!

8. Cacciatore

Cacciatore Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2011
    San Pablo, CA
    Welcome from California

9. Luckytaz

Luckytaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2010
    Rogers, Mn.
    Welcome, from Minnesota.

10. cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly Out Of The Brooder