Hi!!

Lerette Hens

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 1, 2013
My name is Natasha and I am new to BYC!! Just want to tell you a little bit about me and my feathered friends.. I have 5 hens that are about 2 years old, 3 buff orpingtons named Goldie, Bity, and Big Momma, 1 americona named Speedy, and a Wyandotte named Madiea. I also have a 2 year old Rhode Island Red rooster named Lover Boy and a 2 week old Dom rooster named Nijule.. Since Nijule is only two weeks old he is staying in my house. He loves to jump on my hand and then jump to my shoulder. He is the sweetest little thing.. He loves car rides and visiting my family. At night he cheerps and cheerps.. My husband opened the door the other night and he jumped out and came into my room.. My husband thought it would be funny to put him in the bed with me to wake me up.. Nijule just crawled up by my head and feel asleep..
love.gif
I don't know what I am going to do when he gets bigger and has to stay out side..

He really sweet and so cute.. I have got to get a pic posted of him.. He gives kisses and every time I walk in the room he gets vocal.. He even goes with me to take my kids to the school bus...
smile.png

Welcome to BYC from California wine country in the Western Sierra Foothills!

I have two pullets in the house at night right now... They SHOULD have gone out two months ago but the weather wasn't cooperating. They go out into the flock during the day but come back in at night. Beth is asleep at the foot of my recliner right now, and Punkin is snoozing on her perch with a poop board. Punkin actually asks to come in to lay her egg in the dog bed, then she goes back outside again. When everybody else coops up, they tap at the French doors to be let in. (Beth lays her egg in the linen basket in the bathroom, but she's an early layer.). Speaking of early layers, they started laying the same day a week ago, at 20 weeks.

So I totally understand your feelings about putting a beloved chick outside when it's time. :rolleyes:

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Back
Top Bottom