Hi!

chickherder652

Hatching
6 Years
Jun 12, 2013
Hello I'm new to byc and raising chickens. I have had mine for about a year and have 8 hens and 1 (suprise) rooster.
1 rhode island red
1 barred rock
1 cuckoo maran
1 buff ophington
1 black sex link
1 welsummer
1 silver laced wyandotte
1 americauna rooster

I also have 5 new chicks!
I purchased them as pullets about 1 year ago and love my variety of ladies

Hi! I'm pretty new here too and to raising chickens also. I also went with a variety and love it that way! They all have such different personalities! I have 28 chickens total and 7 turkeys. I have 4 different stages of chickens!

Welcome! It's a great community!
welcome-byc.gif

The reason I joined this group, ( I don't have any chickens), is because I have a friend who gives me fresh eggs and I've gotten a few that taste like there's mold in the yolk. I cook them over easy. I thought at first, my bread from my toast was bad because it tastes like bread mold. But the bread and butter are fine. And now the same thing again with the latest batch. Not all are bad. So today I cooked 2 instead of one. The 1st one was fine. The 2nd was awful. My fridg is very cold, less than 40 deg. So I'm pretty sure they were like that when I got them. So what is it? And what is causing it? It doesn't seem to affect the white of the egg. I chkd out salmonella and the feds say it is tasteless. So I must be correct in thinking it is a mold. Any suggestions? I don't want to hurt my friends feelings and I don't want anyone to get sick either. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom