Hi

ramirezc5

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 17, 2014
Hi we are in San Diego CA and are new to raising chickens. We got our first 2 chickens from a friend that no longer was able to care for them. We have been really happy with the whole experience. I run a home daycare and the children just love seeing the chickens. We recently were able to hatch four of the eggs that our cream leg-bar chicken laid. We had 2 of the chicks hatch that are black and the other 2 are the cream color but i can't tell if they are hens or roosters :/ I have 5 children of my own and they help with feeding and cleaning and like to spend their free time petting the chickens. I hope to learn a lot more with the BYC website resources....

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Congratulations on getting your first chickens and a successful hatch. Both events are always so exciting. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your new flock.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community!

Congrats on the hatch! Always fun to watch and egg turn into a tiny life. And these experiences can benefit the children as well.

Enjoy all your experiences with your flock and welcome to ours!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Good luck with the chicks!

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

I don't know if they "pure breed" they were laid by a true cream leg-bar but the rooster was a gold duckwing so not sure what that would end up being....

Back
Top Bottom