Hi

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Shally, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Shally

Shally Out Of The Brooder

Sep 22, 2014
    Birmingham UK
    Hi everyone

Joined this fab site/forum tonight because every time I search for information about my ducks I get directed here and always find lots of great answers and advice.

I had a duck as a child, which unfortunately fell prey to Mr Fox :( ....many years later....I recently took on foster mommy roll (for 2 weeks) for my aunts duck and chicken whilst she moved house.....fast forward 3 months and I still have Bobby-Girl (duck) unfortunately Buffy (the hen) died of old age :(

Looking after Bobby-Girl has re-ignited my love of having a duck and I have just bought 2 baby Aylesbury's - girlies I hope - lol (avatar pic is them - Betty - 4 weeks & Babs -3 weeks)

I am in the process now of creating a ducky paradise! and have sectioned off a third of my garden, which is a decent size, for the ducks (If you haven't gathered already the fostering of Bobby-Girl has now become a permanent adoption I think!) lol ...at the moment the babies are out in the run during the day but I bring them indoors at night until they are a few more weeks old as their own house is being built (courtesy of my pops) ....and Bobby-Girl free ranges all day long....and interferes terribly whilst I'm gardening!

I am also 'fostering' my aunts Guinea Pig (Candy) and am mommy to 5 cats of my own

Bella aka Mama Cat ...and her babies .....Dorothy aka Dotty
    Ozzie
    Dexter aka sexy dexy
    BonBon aka Bonnie

and Tubbs....a stray that has decided its a nice place to squat.....2 years ago!

I have lots of questions about my ducky babies but will browse the forum and post in the relevant section

Chow for now :D

Shally

2. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG] glad you joined us!

3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Sounds like you have a lovely flock of critters! Have you stopped by our Ducks section yet? You can chat with other duck owners, share pics and stories and just talk duck there...https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

Enjoy all your animals and welcome to our flock!

4. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

5. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Welcome, glad you joined us.

[​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hello and Welcome to Backyard Chickens (and ducks) so glad you joined the flock[​IMG]

7. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC, Shally. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm a chicken person and don't know much about ducks (although I've had a few), but I have to admit that ducklings are the ultimate in cute. Definitely post on our duck link provided by TwoCrows and take advantage of our duck experts there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your ducks.

8. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

9. Shally

Shally Out Of The Brooder

Sep 22, 2014
    Birmingham UK
    Thanks all for the lovely welcome.

I will certainly be steering towards the ducky link thanks for that :D

10. HanwellChickens