Hi!

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by tnd5, Feb 2, 2015.

1. tnd5

tnd5 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 25, 2015
    South Carolina
    While I do not have chickens, I do have ducks and guineas, and have been frequenting the duck/guinea forums. I raised Muscovys free range for about 10 years, but sold them all and have decided to go with Blue Runner ducks. I have 2 drakes and 8 ducks, about 1 week old. They are in a brooder in my garage. I know they are different than Muscovys, as in they don't fly and are smaller. I have read and studied and researched, but would really like a "hands on" opinion.

I am in the Columbia, SC area. I am used to having ducklings in the summer time, and not real sure about when I can transition these babies into an outside enclosure with shelter. I have an idea, but would really like confirmation.

Also, is it possible to pen the ducklings with 4 adult guineas in their night pen? Would the guineas pick on them? They would have their own run during the day for a while.

Thank you in advance for any and all advice.

Donna

2. maxsgoldens

maxsgoldens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2015
    west Yorkshire, UK
    Guineas can be quite aggressive as you may know, but it is impossible to tell how they will behave with ducklings

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by