Hi :)

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Do you have chickens or other poultry?
smile.png

@Mountain Peeps yup I have 6 hens and 1 rooster. The rooster is a silkie, 3 of the hens or Road Island Reds and the other 3 I think, are mixed breeds of Easter eggers. The Reds ones lay brown eggs one EE lays light brown one EE lays off white and 1 lays blue eggs! One of my chickens has gone broody and is currently sitting on 4 eggs (2 blue chicken eggs and 2 abandoned duck eggs)

That sounds like fun, having some ducklings and chicks together. I've never had ducklings, our dogs would chase them (they chase the wild ones at least).

Best of luck!
smile.png

@Mountain Peeps yup I have 6 hens and 1 rooster. The rooster is a silkie, 3 of the hens or Road Island Reds and the other 3 I think, are mixed breeds of Easter eggers. The Reds ones lay brown eggs one EE lays light brown one EE lays off white and 1 lays blue eggs! One of my chickens has gone broody and is currently sitting on 4 eggs (2 blue chicken eggs and 2 abandoned duck eggs)

Wow! Nice flock it sounds like you have. I have an EE how lays blue eggs too! They sure are pretty!

Welcome to Backyard chickens. How nice that you have a broody hen, they usually do an excellent job of hatching and raising their young. She'll be surprised with ducklings but she will mother them.

@drumstick diva I really hope she does, we don't have an incubator so they won't be able to survive without her
1f613.png

Back
Top Bottom