Hiccup Like Sounds

DawnLee

Chirping
Jul 15, 2022
I have a rooster who has made noises that sound like hiccups. I know chickens don't have diaphragms and therefore, can't hiccup. That is what it sounds like. He has been doing this for almost 2 weeks. No other symptoms that I have noticed. I went ahead and gave him Denegard for a week. He is still making these noises. Should I be concerned?

I have a rooster who has made noises that sound like hiccups. I know chickens don't have diaphragms and therefore, can't hiccup. That is what it sounds like. He has been doing this for almost 2 weeks. No other symptoms that I have noticed. I went ahead and gave him Denegard for a week. He is still making these noises. Should I be concerned?

Sounds like a sneeze to me.

Any mucous in the nostrils, blocked nostrils, signs of canker or lesions inside the beak, watery eyes, facial swelling, etc.?

Have you ever had respiratory illness within your flock? He may be having a bit of a flare. Could just be dust or something irritating him.

Sounds like a sneeze to me.

Any mucous in the nostrils, blocked nostrils, signs of canker or lesions inside the beak, watery eyes, facial swelling, etc.?

Have you ever had respiratory illness within your flock? He may be having a bit of a flare. Could just be dust or something irritating him.
No other symptoms. This has been going on for almost 2 weeks. I already treated 1 week with Denagard. No other birds in my flock have any symptoms. He is in a separate pen with another rooster.

Back
Top Bottom