Hiding your run

Anny

Songster
11 Years
Apr 24, 2008
Detroit Michigan
does any one hide their chicken coop run? I'm trying to think of ways to make the run look nicer. I am going to have the coop in the garage and the run outside.

I was thinking of putting a trellis (about 1/2 a foot away from the coop to keep chickens from eating the plants) or something with vines growing on it. What would be good to plant that wouldn't hurt the chickens if they ate some of it?

You could plant peas or beans or even cucumbers on a trellis...that way you could have some too:>) I personally would plant some sort of perennial shrubs like a hedging all around, looks great, provides shade, and you don't have much upkeep.

232323232%7Ffp43236%3Enu%3D3238%3E644%3E956%3EWSNRCG%3D3232%3C93%3A52676nu0mrj

I hid my coop behind the shed and on the other side you get the eggs.. I really wanted to make it look inviting and cool.. I have to do some changing of the white roping, I am going to switch it out with fishing string.. cant see it as much (this is just in the front) I wanted to make it so cute that I wouldnt have to hide it as bad. The two gardenia bushes will get big to the top of the fence.. I also may transplant my roses (they are not getting enough sunlight) to the side of the run.

I am thinking of using some potted plants/shrubs around the back yard. I have been eying a trellis or two. I want to see my girls as much as possible when they are out.
To be honest. I am going to be putting more work into the area behind the coop. The neighbors behind us have a chain link fence and a stockade fence that is mostly fallen down now and looks like crap. I dont want to have to look at it while out there enjoying my back yard and my hens.
smile.png
Some lattice should do the trick.
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom