High wind warning

The chickens handled the wind pretty well, Daisy one of my polish did get blown into the fence, she was walking away from the wind and then a gust hit and all of her feathers were being blown outward and she started to walk faster and faster and then wham, into the fence. She didn't really hit hard but it was kind of amusing, she seemed a little disgruntled. I myself was hit smack dab in the head with a flying pine cone. My punishment for laughing at Daisy.
I work at home and let me tell you, since the chickens arrived last week, not much work is being done.
wink.png

Quote:
I am cracking up thinking of you laughing at your chicken and then a pine cone smacking you in the head. Sounds like a cartoon or something. I'm glad y'all made it through ok.

I work at home too and sometimes I have to force myself to say in and work when I really want to go out and get my daily chicken hugs. I'm getting better at being my own boss now.

I love being my own boss, I don't think I can ever punch a time clock again. If I didn't have the time at home to spend with my family, dogs and other critters, I think things would just be way to crazy. I respect those that are able to get everything done plus work a 40 hour job...but I digress, the chickens are very distracting but so much fun...I'm hooked. Only 18 more weeks til I get my first egg.
roll.png

Redfeathers, that was a great description of your wind adventure! LOL

I got home after dark and there were branches everywhere. And some how, all the ducks were in different pens and yards than they were supposed to be. Tarps are missing and chairs overturned. I have to wait til DH gets home from work to find out what went on.
It seemed interesting to be sure.

It was quite a storm. Not as horrible as they predicted, but it did have it's moment when I worried about the power and the light going out in the brooder. I wasn't worried at all about losing power and not being able to do the laundry or cook dinner or watch t.v. lol...I think my priority's have changed. I have chicken fever.
big_smile.png

I hope you didn't have any damage and you can locate your tarps...those puppies can be expensive! The ducks switching pens must have been a sight!

Back
Top Bottom