Ocean Flare

Chirping
Jan 29, 2021
Florida, United States
My name is Ocean! Well not really but I don't have a nickname so that's what I go by online. I am a birb mom and have 3 fudorable (made up word) Coturnix quail that I raised like they're my children. They even lived inside until a certain point!

Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I don't have chickens, but I do have quail!
How many chickens do you have right now? (quail*) I have 3 quails, Fallfly (almost 3 yrs old), (currently unnamed) (under 1 yr), and Windsprint (under 1 yr).
What breeds do you have? They are Coturnix (Japanese) quail.
What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? (I don't have a backyard.) But I like to raise them because they are my adorable, fragile, little pet birds.
What are some of your other hobbies? (It's not a hobby for me, it's like having any other pet bird) I like to read, draw, go outside (and be trailed by hungry Wood storks after I gave them all the bread), research, (roleplay but shhh...), swim, find new things I'm interested in, and once in a while get back to learning French or Korean or any new language that interests me.
Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I have parents and a brother and sister and 3 out of my 4 grandparents and maybe like 1/3 or 1/4 of my grandparents' siblings and... lol idk what to say. Oh, I love WoF! If you know what that is and also like WoF, I'll give you a million dollars. Not really lol but yesh say hi.

Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D I've known about it for years, maybe 3 or 4, since before I had my birds, and I joined because, well the internet doesn't provide much info on quail so you have to ask other people who have them or go on websites of people who talk about them.

The pic is of Fallfly about a year ago when he lived inside

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-08 at 5.46.56 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-08 at 5.46.56 PM.png
    561.5 KB · Views: 20

Back
Top Bottom