Hiya, another newbie.

Did they all come from the same flock? If so, maybe they are just adjusting the pecking order since there are only four of them now. If they are all getting along and not fighting, I wouldn't worry, but keep an eye out for trouble.
Yes I assume so. We got them from a chicken farm (business), they raise all the chicks then sell them at 18 weeks.

Hey, just joined because I recently got some chickens and am just looking for advice and will read what others have learnt on here.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Sort of. We got some several years ago but they were all attacked...
I’m sorry your chickens were attacked! :(
We just got some chickens recently after all this time.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?
I'm really not sure what it is TBH. :/
If you post pics on the breed forum, our members can probably tell you the breeds!
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I'm not sure at the moment! But it's nice to observe nature.
One of the most oddly relaxing things about having chickens is.. just watching them! 😂 I’ve had a full grown man tell me that he’ll just sit in the back yard and watch his chickens!
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Hmmm. Music, cycling, reading, drawing, walking & more.
What do you like to draw?
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have cockatiels also...

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

Hmm I think I found it by looking up queries about chickens on Google. I've known about it for a while.

I joined because I'm concerned about one of my chickens.

Thanks for reading. :)

~ChookChook.
Welcome to BYC!! :)

I’m sorry your chickens were attacked! :(

If you post pics on the breed forum, our members can probably tell you the breeds!

One of the most oddly relaxing things about having chickens is.. just watching them! 😂 I’ve had a full grown man tell me that he’ll just sit in the back yard and watch his chickens!

What do you like to draw?

Welcome to BYC!! :)
Thank you.

It is nice watching the chickens.

I like watching other birds as well.

Hmm, I like to draw people & animals and .. whatever I find aesthetically pleasing I guess. I haven't gone really further with my drawing skills since I was 15 so... I don't draw much these days. I mostly do sketches. (Then delete them or they get thrown away, or put away.)

It's nice, very nice, but if they sleep there, they'll poop there, and then you're going to have dirty eggs. It's best to have roosts higher than the top of the nesting boxes.
Yes true!

I guess for the time being we will change the hay.

We'll have to sort it out then.

Actually, they won't be laying for another few weeks yet. So it's okay for now... But yes we will invest in a (warm) roost for them.

Back
Top Bottom