hiya from CA

madchickendad

In the Brooder
May 6, 2021
Hiya
I'm a full time house husband in CA
We have 3 Chickens - Mavis, "T" and Mocha with Mavis being the head girl
We've had them about 9-10 months and they all lay most days.
They are super friendly, know their names and will eat from your hand...and climb on your back and shoulders
Moving from CA to PA in August and want advice on how to ship my girls by air if possible!

Welcome to BYC. Sorry I have no advice or experience with shipping. I used to breed & sell Cockers way back when. Most of the time it seemed like "touch and go,". Years ago they left a young cocker pup out on the loading dock in the middle of a frigid winter and buyer and I were hysterically crying. Somehow he survived and became their first champion.

Another incident comes to mind. My Chicken Lady friend had a pullet coming from another state - being shipped overnight express to arrive by noon the next day. When it didn't arrive I was heartsick and crying. Chicken Lady had her full night's sleep and when the pullet finally showed up two days later - a neighbor drove her to the PO to pick her up.

Welcome to BYC ! If you ship them by from the airport you have to have someone at the receiving end to pick them up and the price is good and high .You have to have an approved air line container . With wild waterfowl it was going to cost the buyer about 400. to ship my swan . That's all I can tell you . Welcome to BYC ! Good luck with the move .

Back
Top Bottom