Hmmmm, now what?

I believe that the sensor on the end of the wire only measures what the unit calls outside temperature. It should work fine inside a wiggler. In order to read the humidity in the incubator the whole thermometer needs to be inside the incubator. I'd set it up on something to raise it up off the floor a little. If you only have the probe wire going into the incubator then your unit is measuring room humidity.
db

Quote:
Is it just a meat thermometer? I tried using my digital meat thermo in a wiggler and it wouldn't work. I have heard that a lot of people use the baggies for wigglers. I haven't had any luck with them, so I just use the regular thermos. You could try putting it in a tp roll, it wouldn't hurt. It would probably keep the water closer around the probe and give you a better reading.

So the thermometer is a 2 part bbq thermometer...it has a base unit with the readout and a little wireless pod with the probe on a wire. The idea is to put the probe in the meat in the bbq, set the pod next to it, then take the base unit back to your easy chair. I think only the probe needs to be in the bator, right? like the bbq...
The other one i have in there with high/low has a 94-105 range! Should i move the thermostat off of the wall with spacers or what else can I do?

I would chek the hydrometer for accuracy.. it takes about 8 hours to do ..

then I would dump all the water and add hot water.. and wait an hour before trying to adjust the temp.. it is easier to lower temps than to raise it in the LG and Hova's... what the hot water will do is heat up the styrofoam faster.. the LG might have been stored in an unheated building..

If the temp fluctuates too much, then get a different wafer.. They do wear out..

let us know how you make out with it..

Quote:
THIS IS A GREAT PIECE OF INFO!!!!

Thanks so much! Last night I moved the entire unit into the incubator and sure enough this morning I have 53% Hum! I made my own water wiggly until I can buy one and the temp is steady at 99.5...

I have a LG 9200 with fan. I don't have any problems with the temp, but i have two warm mist vaporizers in the room. They help with humidity. befor the vaporizers the humidity was about 35-40 degrees, but that was with only about a tablespoon of water or so.

Natalie

So I moved my thermostat above the light bulb sitting on the wire enclosure and it now has a range of 98-101 phew...I think that's good enough?
The baggie water wiggler hasn't caught up yet since it got too cool o/n, but I'll keep and eye on it today! Yea!
smile.png

With the heat on the house, our LG 9200 will not exceed about 25% humidity regardless of all water wells being filled. I use sponges and leftover salsa cups from Moes to create more surface area to increase the humidity. 3 wells + 2 sponges + 1 salsa cup = 59% humidity.
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom