Yesterday we started on our chicken tractor. It is the first phase of our new coop project. Our coop will not be large enough to partition off a section for new comers, so we are building a separate tractor. It will be called the Hobbitt Hennery. LOL! We decided to buy as little as possible for this and to use up as many bits and bobs left over from other things as we could. So far we have bought one gallon of paint and one quart of paint for the trim. We will see how we make out. Here are the pictures from yesterdays efforts. We decided to paint everything before putting it together. We are using 2x4s we dug out from under the shed, hardwire cloth from a couple garden projects, I have tongue and groove pine for the roof and we have various other things I will be using as well. Here we go. We are making an A frame style tractor. 2x4's for the frame. All painted! Side support pieces cut and getting painted. All painted. Plywood for the roof/coop all painted. The painted part will actually be on the inside of the coop as the tar paper and shingles will be on the outside so I didn't paint that side. Hubby has now decided that he wants a 2x6 for the roof frame instead of a 2x4, so he is going to buy one. We need 96" and he has 90". We have been scrounging to find a piece big enough, but no luck, so we will have to buy that. So far so good!