Holderread Sebastopols!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by muscovy94, Apr 3, 2009.

1. muscovy94

muscovy94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Vicksburg, MS
    Hey has anybody bought any sebs from holderreads? Do you have pictures?

Thanks in advance. [​IMG]

2. cherub78

cherub78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2008
    Central NY
    I don't have any from them, but had called them. I was told that they couldn't fill anymore orders this year because they are filling the wait list from last year and probably wouldn't have any left. [​IMG] They said I "might" maybe get in for the last hatch around Jun, but that it was doubtful and that they could just then hold my deposit until next year.

Did you already order them? I was just curious if you had been on the waitlist. I am still debating about waitlisting for next years.

I ended up getting eggs from people who have Holderread stock.

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    For many breeds you have to order them september or october in order to get them in the follow spring. Last year the wait list was longer.

4. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    I'm not getting Sebbies from them, but I placed my order for my Brown Chinese last mid-summer, the minute they announced they were taking deposits for the 2009 hatch. I just got an email yesterday that mine will be shipping May 4th, w/the following 2 weeks as backup dates.

5. goosedragon

goosedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Central NC
    They are getting older (aren't we all?) One of their fathers that took care of geese passed away either 2 or 3 years ago and they cut back the flock after that. Look around, people that got their stock there are usually proud of that fact.

6. chickygirl2

chickygirl2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    upper marlboro. md
    I have their stock.
    [​IMG]
    They are wonderful and beautiful geese. You can see mine on my web site on a couple different pages. Millie and Dave are very nice people and very helpful.
    Patty

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  7. wannabfarmgirl

wannabfarmgirl Out Of The Brooder

Jan 17, 2009
    South Carolina
    Sigh - ya'll are making my worry! I just order ducklings from them last week, and assumed they would come over the next few weeks. I didn't get a date or estimated time of arrival from them (Magpie and Khaki Campbell). I hope she will tell me if they are coming a while from now...

8. WNCUrbanAgrarian

WNCUrbanAgrarian Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Hi - I have a gander that is directly from Holderreads. He has some saddleback genes. My goose is a descendant of Holderreads. I'll see if I can upload pics I just took. Now don't judge the water. It's 50 gallons and I changed it yesterday![​IMG]

OK - I don't know how to add an image - if someone can tell me, I'll do it. Seemed like the Img icon would have done it but it didn't... I know others do it... How?

9. cici_p

cici_p Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    Easiest way is to use photobucket and post the img link. . .

10. WNCUrbanAgrarian

WNCUrbanAgrarian Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Hmm - haven't used that before either. But I did just add the images to my BYC page. Hope that she can see them there. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by