Holes in duck feet

Galaxyfalcon

Songster
May 25, 2020
Eastern WA
Hello!

I have a few ducks and noticed today while treating one of my girls for a bumble infection, that she has a hole in one of her foot webbing! It looks like an older wound, seems to have already healed over. I have an older duck, who also has a hole in her webbing, but it's smaller almost like a pinprick. This newer girl has a hole that's slightly larger, maybe a little larger than the tip of a pen. Both holes are round and seem to be healed over. I'm not sure where the wounds have come from. After we noticed the first one last year, we scoured the yard for anything sharp, removed bark chips, etc.

Is there any way to help the wound heal permanently, or do I just have some ducks with a permanent hole in their webbing? I appreciate any help. We've been doing regular soaks recently since its wet muddy season and bumble seems pretty chronic this time of year.

Hello!

I have a few ducks and noticed today while treating one of my girls for a bumble infection, that she has a hole in one of her foot webbing! It looks like an older wound, seems to have already healed over. I have an older duck, who also has a hole in her webbing, but it's smaller almost like a pinprick. This newer girl has a hole that's slightly larger, maybe a little larger than the tip of a pen. Both holes are round and seem to be healed over. I'm not sure where the wounds have come from. After we noticed the first one last year, we scoured the yard for anything sharp, removed bark chips, etc.

Is there any way to help the wound heal permanently, or do I just have some ducks with a permanent hole in their webbing? I appreciate any help. We've been doing regular soaks recently since its wet muddy season and bumble seems pretty chronic this time of year.
Can you share a picture? Im not the best in duck health issues. However, it may give more info to someone who can help.

Back
Top Bottom