Holes in my coop

JMC52

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 9, 2009
Oregon
30845_chickens_001.jpg
(Old picture)

Somthing has put about 6"x6" holes through my chicken wire about half way up my coop....I found little white hairs by the holes....I think somthing is after my chickens/or picking up there scent. I get nervous bout my girls at night so ive been taking em in..I want to leave them out but I'm scared somthing like this will happen.

Anyone got any ideas what it was? There all safe thank god. I thought whatever it was might have got my bantys..they where paired up chilling in the shade though
smile.png

Can someone post a picture of hardware cloth? ive heard about it just havent seen it.

Quote:
Its not in the pic...the holes are about where the stalls are about 6"x6" it looked like somthing just snapped the wire and entered leaving a smooth hole.

tomorrow i will get a live trap...mabie i should pull the coop out and put better wire one in and underneath it

Probally a coon. We had a coon living under our deck, so we ran chicken wire all the way around the deck, buried the wire 8-10 inches deep, too. Well, that coon blasted thru that wire like it was paper!!! We even took a pix of it to show others why chicken wire is never a good idea on a coop.

20693_dsc02813.jpg

Hope your chickens were ok?? We found out how flimsy chicken wire was ...so we used the hardware cloth. Cost alot more...but way worth the cost....and I can sleep nights knowing that no predator can get to my girls.

Back
Top Bottom