Holiday 2010

I have started knitting bags from 100% wool yarn -- then will 'felt' them in the washer ---
usually put hand cream, lip balm, etc. in them and the bags hang from a bedroom door or the handle of a nightstand --
my hands hurt these days so the knitting is slow-going but it is relaxing --
A few years ago I made 8 of these bags for Christmas for my grown-up nieces -- they were a 'hit' -- :)

I just bought a variety of fleece in solid colors to make hooded scarves as stocking stuffers. Hancocks had a 1/2 off sale.

I'm making baby blankets and burp cloths from flannel right now for a new great nephew. He gets a quilt too.

For under 16 year olds last year I knitted stocking hats for the boys and crocheted caps and scarves for the girls.

This year I'm thinking about making crayon bags for the little ones and book bags for the older teens.

I'm hoping to have crochet and quilted gifts by Christmas, and a couple of birthday presents. One of my friends in Iraq asked me to make him something and send it because he just got extended yet again.

I admit I am starting preparations for holiday 2010. I'm thinking about some quilts I want to make but also planning my holiday soaps to make. I do alot of craft shows form sept to dec selling soap and trying to think of some new ideas.

my christmas will be different this year as my hubby will be in Iraq. But i will give out homemade presents this year to friends and neighbors on post. Which means i have to plant enough stuff in my garden. DH will get a big old care package. I like to give homemade mixes, cookies , small home sewn things.... DH will get a pillow with our pics on it.

Back
Top Bottom