Home Built Incubator

Eh that hatch was done in a old as dirt gqf 1202. Today is day 10 for the first set in the home made box, day 3 for the second set. Candled 6 random eggs @ the 9 day mark. Nice veining and development so far :)

I tried to use some red bulbs for a hatcher and found that the radiant heat was too much so I went back to white. I don't know if was the type of bulb or what. Did you notice the temp difference from 1 side to the next?

Ive checked the temps all over the box its been within .5*. I have my fan blowing straight up over the bulb to try to avoid any hot spots and my control thermometer is down at egg level.

I have a fan also but I couldn't get good temps, I hope it works for you. I just moved back home from Gulfport, retired from the Seabees and did 4 years at Lejeune. OH the good ole days!

The controller I'm using is pretty sensitive. Its a reptile heat controler but i still get about 2* swing in the air temp. Ive got it set at 101 since it shuts off right when it hits the desired temp but falls nearly 2* before it kicks back on. The cabinet project im working on for spring is getting a much better controller that should hold within .3*F at all times.
Spent time at PI, Pendalton, Lejeune & Quantico before i shipped out to the sandbox with mountains. OOH RAH!

I might try 1 of those temp controllers, I use a water heater thermostat and it maintains temp good for the price and usually once it's set, it's good. I also did PI in the late 90's.

Back
Top Bottom