Home chicken cold remedy?

Use vicks vapor rub (or bargain brand) if you think it's a cold.

A little under each arm pit and a dab on the beak.

Chickens tuck their heads under their wings at night...so it's like getting a treatment!

Cider vinegar is good too, as it's an immune booster, but only the UNpasturized one has the properties in it....so regular stuff won't do. 1 tsp regularly is a good thing.

Another additional thing you can do is add a fresh garlic clove to their water (makes the coop smell good too). Garlic has natural antibiotic properties...not only does it keep the water cleaner, it also helps boost your immune system

Sandra
Whole clove in 1 gal. waterer? Crushed clove in 5 gal? Change it when you change water or leave it in?

Hi.

One of my hens is shaking her head and from time to tiime vomits clear phlem type fluid. She is eating and drinking fine. I checked and the symptoms match closely to a cold. I am using a remedy I got at the feed store. It smells like Vicks and I am happy to hear I can use that instead. She is the only one with these symptoms I have her in the kitchen to keep her warmer and will get the cider, and put garlic in her water. My first sick hen.

Thanks for all the advice.
Abuelita

Back
Top Bottom