Home Grown Chickens (A Chickens Life)

animals-16.gif
Saturday, December 31, 2011
animals-16.gif

Sorry about the delay in updating. It's been a very busy month.

All the chicks and their mother are doing great. The chicks don't follow mother anymore. They prefer to be on their own now. I can always depend on them and their mother to be sitting on the deck in the morning waiting for the cat to be fed so they can eat also. I got the funniest picture a few weeks ago of the chicks sitting on the deck.

This is a prime example of what I mean!

103583_376571_342116372468923_100000116899135_1582014_1538710287_n.jpg

Unfortunately, I have to sell all of the roosters in the batch. Having to many roosters is not good for our neighbors who don’t like animals. So far, I've counted three youngsters that act like roosters.

This one I believe to be a rooster unfortunately.
sad.png

103583_flock_pictures_012.jpg

The chicks experienced a small blizzard today. They have the liberty to go inside of the coop, or brave it. To my surprise, they decided to sit under the deck and wait it out!

After the storm.

103583_cc_015.jpg

103583_cc_007.jpg

103583_cc_009.jpg

Here is a picture to show you how big they are. This is Auntie standing by the chicks.

103583_flock_pictures_018.jpg

103583_flock_pictures_032.jpg

103583_flock_pictures_035.jpg

They have really done some growing! Time really does fly.

Last edited:
I love the pic of them outside on the deck that is just too cute! What a wonderful group to wake up to.
big_smile.png
love.gif
Sorry about your roos.
hmm.png
I consider animals as a judge of character. If they don't like them then theres usually something off.
idunno.gif
hide.gif
What a snow you got! Looks cold
duc.gif

ya.gif
Happy New Year
celebrate.gif

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 :

I love the pic of them outside on the deck that is just too cute! What a wonderful group to wake up to.
big_smile.png
love.gif
Sorry about your roos.
hmm.png
I consider animals as a judge of character. If they don't like them then theres usually something off.
idunno.gif
hide.gif
What a snow you got! Looks cold
duc.gif

ya.gif
Happy New Year
celebrate.gif

Happy New Year to you too!

It was very cold! The wind was pretty bad.

Our neighbors are gone most of the time. They also live in Alaska. Our roosters crow all night long and don't let them get any sleep. I really don't think that they really are animal people.

I'm sorry I couldn't add a video. My camera isn't working very good. I'll see if I can add some pictures of Chickadee.
smile.png

How were you getting any sleep lol?
tongue.png
Its okay about the vid. Pics of chickadee will be nice.
thumbsup.gif

I'll get some pictures up in a few minutes. The crowing doesn't seem to bother me at all! I'm just worried that it might bother the neighbors who already are mad at our dog that barks all night. I must be really use to it or something.
tongue.png

Here are some pictures of Chickadee.
smile.png

Chickadee is back to her regular life now that the chicks have grown up enough to take care of themselves. She lives a very solitary life. I have tried in vain for her to be friends with another chicken. I've finally been able to get her to sleep in the coop with the other chickens. Before that, she would sleep on the rail of the deck. It's almost as if she considered herself a human! She would walk right into the house as if she owned it. Chickadee really is a survivor to have lost one eye, and gotten sick numerous times.

Here are some pictures of her after the blizzard.

103583_pictures_of_chickadee_001.jpg

103583_pictures_of_chickadee_008.jpg

103583_pictures_of_chickadee_012.jpg

103583_pictures_of_chickadee_009.jpg

Awww she was eatin some snow.
love.gif
Did you hand raise her, maby she dose think shes human...
lau.gif
I really like the way chickadeea looks. Verry cute
love.gif

Yes we did hand raise her! We originally raised her for meat.. can you believe it? Funny how things work out sometimes.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom