Home grown meaty weights?

RoosterML

🥇Ukraine 🥇
5 Years
Nov 5, 2018
Tolland County Connecticut, USA
I have a question to you all if you have monitored the weights of your own home grown/hatched birds.
I am surprised at the size of a couple of the chicks I have. The cross is a Lavender Orpington Roo with a red sex link/production red hen. At 10 days I am at 3.15 oz.
To give you a comparison I have the same Lav Orp roo cross with a BJG/RIR hen with 2.5 Oz. chick. So is the 3.15oz at ten days good or ??? I would really like to see what some Cornish or others have for numbers. I will update as it grows.

I have a question to you all if you have monitored the weights of your own home grown/hatched birds.
I am surprised at the size of a couple of the chicks I have. The cross is a Lavender Orpington Roo with a red sex link/production red hen. At 10 days I am at 3.15 oz.
To give you a comparison I have the same Lav Orp roo cross with a BJG/RIR hen with 2.5 Oz. chick. So is the 3.15oz at ten days good or ??? I would really like to see what some Cornish or others have for numbers. I will update as it grows.
Did you end up tracking this? I am wondering at what age my Orpingtons, Australorps (and soon) Brahmas will be big enough to use the treadle feeder (which is 1# minimum).

I have Cornish cross at 18 days, just weighed them today. Averaging 1.8-2.0lbs each

Back
Top Bottom