Home made laundry soap?

Quote:
Some oils it's best to dilute a bit because the scent will be too strong. I also use fragrance oil sometimes too. My favorite is Rose Jasmine.

Thanks everyone!! I will check out the info and see what I can come up with. If I have time, I'll come back and post pics of my work.
ya.gif

If you can't find the Arm and Hammer washing soda, you can just use Borax alone but double the amount. They are basically the same thing....laundry boosters. I will never go back to regular laundry soap, I simply love the FelsNaptha recipe!

I use homemade detergent, have been doing it for about a year now. Works great, and we all have dry skin. It doesn't irritate, and it's very easy to make.

As for the house smelling bad, I get an apple, peel it, put the peels and some cinnamon in a pot, add water and simmer all day. Your house will smell great all day. I used to use essential oils, they can be expensive, and burning the oil changes the composition. You can take a small room fan, using a hair clip, clip a cotton ball onto the fan. Add about 5 drops of oil, turn on fan.

Tanya

I make my own laundry soap and dishwashing soap. I will never go back. It saves me a fortune. I add orange essential oil so my clothes smell clean. I have always wanted to try the re-usable dryer sheets. Any one use those and want to give some feedback?

Omletta and I were typing at the same time. I do something along the same lines. I cut up an orange and add cinnamon or cloves and boil it on the stove. Just don't forget about it and let it burn, its gross
lol.png

By the way, as comfortable as I am using bar soap or soap flakes to wash my self or my laundry, I was wondering. Does anyone know how the liquid soap is made? Like Liquid dish soap or body wash?

Southern28Chick had a recipe for "gel" laundry soap. Is that the "liquid soap"?

Back
Top Bottom