home winemaking easy and fun

this may sound silly, but what if the bottle explodes rather than the cork shooting out?
i have caps and a beer capper, but i dont know if that will work because the rims are different
infact im going to go check right now

Quote:
I have plans to make it into a vinagrette for spinach and wild greens salads. Origionally it was the base for some spiced holiday hot toddies, Wassil gone wild, if you will.

I made some 'seconds' wine from the must of a couple fermenters, and it needed something, so I put in cinnamon and allspice, but did not think about putting it in cheese cloth in order to fish it out. By the time it fermented out it was as strong as cough syrup. I have gallons of it and no idea what to do with it.
medicinal? hot- with red wine? I think it would just ruin more red wine. I could clean the bathrooms with it at Christmas time!
smile.png

I like this thread. I enjoy making wine more than drinking it though.
hmm.png

I do as well. Luckily I have alot of friends who will happily test out my new recipies for me.
gig.gif
Let me think on your overspiced wine, i'm sure something'll work out for it. That's the problem with brewing help, a taste tells you so much more than any explination does.

Quote:
You'll need to cap in beer bottles. The bottle won't shatter. it's a continus piece and the weakest point is where the cork/lid/cap attaches. You could go oldschool and wine seal your corks.... i've done it decoratively, but it held and that was some uberly fizzy champange.

nope.

I use alot of french lemonaide bottles,I can buy them filled for cheaper than I can buy new bottles. Every few bottling the gasket needs replacing, but that's cheap. When we have a party I buy another case of lemonaide for the kids to drink, and the bottles are added to my stash.

Lemonaide:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...&furl=http://www.cdasb.com/images/lr_img1.jpg

Here it's under $3/bottle at the "gorumet" market.

Last edited:
Quote:
I made some 'seconds' wine from the must of a couple fermenters, and it needed something, so I put in cinnamon and allspice, but did not think about putting it in cheese cloth in order to fish it out. By the time it fermented out it was as strong as cough syrup. I have gallons of it and no idea what to do with it.
medicinal? hot- with red wine? I think it would just ruin more red wine. I could clean the bathrooms with it at Christmas time!
smile.png

I like this thread. I enjoy making wine more than drinking it though.
hmm.png

I do as well. Luckily I have alot of friends who will happily test out my new recipies for me.
gig.gif
Let me think on your overspiced wine, i'm sure something'll work out for it. That's the problem with brewing help, a taste tells you so much more than any explination does.

ever have Vick's cough syrup? something along those lines.

i talked to the people at the local wine store and they thought that the wine might not be able to age in beer bottles, and it might go bad
the only problem with using beer bottles is that they cost $ compared to getting most of my bottles for free. but they do sell sealing plastic at the store that might be the way i take

Quote:
See lemonaide post. Also if you have a buddy who's waiting tables, ask if they'll keep the capped bottles for you (some rootbeers are sold in bottles), as well as capped beers.

Quote:
gig.gif

ever have Vick's cough syrup? something along those lines.

Hmmm... let me ponder, I'd think you could cook with it, but it'd need to be a dish like a ham, that you'd normally use cinnamon and heavy spice with. Any baking skills?

im thinking of asking the owner of the bar if will save capper bottles for me and ill pay him 15 cents each,, but on a busy night i dont think he will be able to put the ones i want into a different container
and youve only blown up one bottle, everyone i have talked to about making beer says they have blow up batches not single bottles
have you ever tryed to make dandilion wine?

and have you ever tried to distill your wine
lol.png
i talked to a guy that tryed it and made himself sick
he also said that if you freeze wine, then strane the ice from the alcohol that that is pretty much pure alcohol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom