Homegrown eggs making husband sick

Well another off the internet story. We went to a pig pickin.....big pig cooked on a BIG grill all day and everyone brings a covered dish. We do try to be food safe. Well Every adult had vomiting and diaria for three of four days, it was horrid. the strange thing was anyone under 15 or so were fine!! Figure THAT one out.
OK another story. Cat cought a mouse this morning in the house......so hear him and hear him start to crunch, well something made him choke must have been a bone or... well I have been sick alll day? Sugestion? I just don't know sometimes. If you have a well you also have to treat that, it can grow some bad stuff unless you treat it. You can reinfect yourself with roto virus. Wash your hands often but NOT with antibacterial soap. We need to teach our bodies to defend its self.
Our kitchen fausit is on the frizte, well DH turned it upside down so he could look at it and I gaged again! There was some seriouse MOLD growing on it
sickbyc.gif
, I went around the house and sprayed bleach into all the faucits. Hope that will help. We have stuff to treat our well and will do that this week. got it from the guy who drilled our well.
Don't blame the chicks quite yet. Do get them tested. Find an avian vet.
Oh Yeah, after thought. My secrtary's son is allergic to EGGS! The Dr. told her an alergy can develope at any age for any reason. He was 15 when they found out he was alergic to eggs, RIGHT AFTER he got a flu shot!!!!!! Did your DH get a flu shot latly?????? They are incubated in eggs!

Last edited:
Thank you for all the replies.... Its been a span of three weeks for my hubby, he did go back in and they pulled blood on him, but aren't ready to do an allergy test. I figured it was maybe just an allergy until I started feeling the same way, but not as bad. We use commercial feed on them. And it seems to be happening with the chicken eggs, (from our EE, they are green) and not the duck, though I cant even get him near an egg or anything cooked with egg to try that theory. This is the man who never gets sick and has the immune system of an ox (or something haha), and he is 27. I could only think it was allergies because, like someone mentioned, the eggs are thoroughly cooked (though he took two licks of the brownie mix, prior to it being cooked! duh to him), but when I started to not feel good is when it puzzled me.

We don't live on a well (I miss that though). And he isn't having gallbladder attacks (I would diffinately know, I just had mine out as a last result, there are some great herbal remedies for that, you're right).

For salmonella testing, is it done through the vet? I imagine its expensive....

OK, you say that even when the eggs are cooked all the way its till an issue.
Here is what I suggest. Its the feed you are giving them.
See about getting a whole grain, and maybe even soy free mix and see what the eggs are like a couple weeks after changing the feed.
It might give you some insight into other food allergies.

I am not inclined to think its salmonella, because the symptoms do not match up.

Also, if your chickens are free ranging, which they should, its possible they are getting into a weed that is causing the trouble.

Back
Top Bottom