Homemade duck feed

Alicia0795

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 21, 2014
I have been trying to find a recipe that people use to feed their ducks. I am sick of buying bags of food from the store. I feel that the bags of feed near me are way too expensive and I'd rather my ducks eat fresh food daily. Anyone have any recipes they use? I have been looking online and I've found nothing.

Metzer farms is the go to source for anything ducks.

http://www.metzerfarms.com/FeedConversion.cfm?affiliate=undef&CustID=14842344

That said, I'm not sure buying bags of grain and other ingredients will get you fresher feed.
(Unless your feed store is like the one closest to me that keeps feed till it sells no matter how long that takes.)
Look around for another feed store that rotates their stock more often. Our Farm&Home usually has feed made that month while my closest feed store has chick start&grow right now that was made in August.

It is tough to get all the vitamins, minerals, fats and essential amino acids birds need by mixing it yourself.

I have been trying to find a recipe that people use to feed their ducks. I am sick of buying bags of food from the store. I feel that the bags of feed near me are way too expensive and I'd rather my ducks eat fresh food daily. Anyone have any recipes they use? I have been looking online and I've found nothing.
@Alicia0795 What did you finally come up with? I'm currently in the same situation and am considering feed alternatives including homemade feed. Just curious where you are in this process.

Back
Top Bottom