This is for a 4QT freezer.
1 can sweetened condensed milk
6 eggs, beat til foamy
2 Cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 can evaporated milk
1 can of water
milk

Beat eggs until foamy, add sugar, then add everything else. Mix well, add to freezer, then add milk to fill to the line.
Do not boil this or do anything to it except mix it and freeze. This is an OLD recipe and is THE best ever. For every family function I am asked to bring this ice cream.

ETA: If you want REALLy good chocolate ice cream just add a can of Hershey's chocolate to this.

Last edited:
Ice Cream Recipes Found this on allrecipes.

I don't have my ice cream recipe book with me, but it's from my grandmother. I'll post some recipes when I get a chance.
smile.png

Thanks for the ice cream maker post. My birthday is coming up next month....this would be a great present.

I always pictured wooden ones as icecream makers, never thought about a modern one!

Sarah

Quote:
4qt freezer is this an ice cream maker? Milk to the fill line of the ice cream maker I take it.....do you know exactly how much milk that would be?

1 can of water....I am assuming the same size can as the sweetened and condensed milk....but what size they have different size cans maybe ounces would help.

Thank you!

We also have the above cuisinart and make ice cream almost weekly. We don't always have the heavy cream or half and half so we experiment. We live in SC and the other night after dinner it was still about 90 degrees so I made some out of milk and half and half. It called for milk and heavy cream. The texture wasn't as smooth but it was COLD and REFRESHING!! Normally takes about 30 minutes in the cuisinart but sometimes pop it in the freezer to firm up a bit. The more cream the more it firms up in the machine.

OK, here is my hubby's recipe for homemade Banana Ice Cream.

Low Fat Banana Ice Cream
By Richard Kendall, graduate of
The Culinary School for cops who like cooking

For a recipe of two servings:
1.Mash in a large bowl 2 ripe bananas.
2.Add ½ cup of 1% milk
3.Add one Tbsp Vanilla extract (imitation okay)
4.Optional but suggested: 2 drops Banana extract
5.Optional but suggested: 1 Tbsp. Banana pudding dry mix
(save the rest of the mix for next time)

Beat or blend until fairly smooth then divide equally into
two serving dishes and freeze to your liking. I prefer mine
not frozen solid. Fattie, who is not really that way and whom
I would never address by her BYC name, likes hers frozen solid.
Enjoy!

ok, i have a stupid question....do i simply mix this all up, pour into a 4qrt. container and place it into the freezer till firm?
please excuse my ignorance - i never made ice cream before but sure would now if its that easy :eek:}

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom