Homemade incubator hatching experiment!

Sitting on 37.5(celsius) exactly.

Attachments

• 20190509_124655.jpg
    20190509_124655.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 6
Aww this gives me hope!! Purely out of curiosity i did check the temp with a handheld child thermometer which showed 35.8 to 37.6(celcius) I just adjusted everything until it stayed at 37.6. So i guess ill use that until (fingerd crossed!) Hatch day. After that i will definitely spend some money on this thing! I was hoping i could get a hen to go broody but it didnt happen, it is coming into winter anyway so it wasn't likely to begin with. But so far so good! I can't wait for day 7 to candle these and see if anything is happening!!
Most likely in the spring you may have a bird go broody like most wild critters have their young in the spring. If you don't see anything on day 7 wait a few more days. Sometimes it's difficult to see anything. Good luck and have fun...

Most likely in the spring you may have a bird go broody like most wild critters have their young in the spring. If you don't see anything on day 7 wait a few more days. Sometimes it's difficult to see anything. Good luck and have fun...
Yeah i didn't think she would but it was worth the try atleast i have them more interested in the nesting box now.....even if that is just to pull ALL the straw out... anyways thanks! Day 3 now!

Interesting! I’ve always wanted to try a homemade incubator but my dad would kill me as we already have two functional ones lol. Wouldn’t hurt to try making a lockdown incubator though. That would free up our JaNoel. Good luck!

Update! Day 4.
I am so inpatient that i just quickly candled the 3 eggs i set on tuesday. 1 has VERY VERY faint veins forming!!! Its extremely faint but its there!! Not getting my hopes up and its pretty dam early anyway but still lol. Wasn't able to get a photo as i had to use the torch on my phone.

Day 7! Im too nervous to candle yet so im going to wait until sunday/day 12 (im also going to fast until then) this way ill know for sure if there are any eggs that wont hatch. I expect most, if not all won't hatch but we can only hope.
In other news, i am picking up this beautiful blue pied muscovy duck tomorrow night!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-05-13-17-55-22.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-13-17-55-22.png
    2 MB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_2019-05-12-20-49-12.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-12-20-49-12.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom