Homemade incubator help

zoey@tipp's chicks

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 18, 2009
Do you just place the eggs on the wire mesh in the cooler?
Do you have to have a fan?
As long as it is between 99.5 and 101.5 it is ok?
50-60% humidity?
Thanks.

yes you place the eggs on the wire
you dont have to have a fan
yes those temps are fine , perferably 101F
50 - 60 % after day 18 but before day 18 35 - 45 % humidity

hope the hatch works out , plus you want vent hole in the bator
lol.png

I hope it's ok if I tag along on your "help" request. I built one too (I'll get the pics loaded after work today. The temp wasn't coming up enough but I could see where one side wasn't getting a good seal with the lid so I draped a towel over that edge. Heat is rising now. But the humidity is too high. I'm gonna take out the pie pan of water and try using just a cup. We shall see.... I might have to go with a bigger bulb and more ventilation. I have a 25 watt in there now but I think if I add ventilation it won't be hot enough to keep the temp up.

Thanks for listening to me ramble..... I'm too excited this morning!!
Michelle:D

We have a very excited two year old and five year old that can't wait to put the eggs in the incubator and have chicks. We also have a hen setting for the first time. So maybe one way or the other they can raise their first chicks.

If you guys/gals are opening your bators to turn eggs, vent holes are not too important as you will be giving the eggs a shot of fresh air eac time you open the bator..

You should not adjust the temp and humidity at the same time.. do one and then the other.. each adjustment will affect the other..

give it at least a half hour to an hour to respond.. more or less; according to your bator..

Back
Top Bottom