Homemade Incubator Really Works!

Quote:
Not a problem. I actually posted some photos in posts a few months back. Plus I still hve them somewhere on my puter, lol.

02-19-07_0217.jpg

Here's a picture of the inside with the lights on.

02-19-07_0235.jpg

A side view showing the drain hole and the thermostat adjustment screw.

02-19-07_0214.jpg

Front view with light on (put a plexiglass window on top).

03-09-07_0151-1.jpg

Bonus pic. Think this was the 1st hatched chic.
big_smile.png

Enjoy

Hi guys,

Sorry it has taken me a while to reply. We are moving and there is a lot going on.
First of all, yes I did buy the crappy yellow saucer for my store bought incubator. It was about $17. This was expensive compared to my homemade one. That one was free.
smile.png

I will try to post pics today. I don't remember how, but I figure it out.
My daughters are 10 and 14, and they both had a great time with this project. I didn't have a fan or anything to check the humidity levels. It is very crude, and it works. The newspaper was such a good insulator, and we could fit a lot of eggs in there if we wanted to. I am sold on the box method.
All you need is a large box (I like using an apple box because the lid can be lifted off), some newspaper, a smaller box to go inside the big box, a thermometer, a light for heat (I stole this out of a nightlight), and a cup of water. That was it.
I will find the link to the website where I got the info too.

Cindy in CA

Yesterday was day 21. I had 3 eggs in each incubator. I will explain later what happened to the crappy yellow disc incubator. Sad story.
Anyway, 2 out of 3 have hatched. The third one should hatch today. We candled it a few days ago and it looked great.

Back
Top Bottom