Homemade Mini Frig Incubator

I don't like the incubator coils - you can get burned on them.

I built an entire bator for less than the cost of factory coil and thermostat. That worked.

Nothing wrong with them. Don't prefer to use them myself. Don't like anything being burned. Don't like the limitations in size or placement.

Materials are a simple matter of preference. I don't happen to want to use that. So I have learned to use other things.

Anyone can do it the way it's always been done and if they want that, they can go for it.

I wanted something different. I went a different way. I learned a lot in the process. It works. I like it. I don't really think that's wrong.

Thanks for looking at it Carla. This, at least, is a legitimate question on his part.

Whoops, wrong thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am doing this, I got fans, cherry wood,tile,and trays. Got doors but need clear glass. Need heat tape, found some with cord attacked. Bible school next week but after that I am going to do it.
Think I want it double wide with incubator on one side and hatcher on other, This could be fun if I can figure out the basic design.
Here my wish list
Sloid Cherry cabinet or Red Oak (both out in the barn)
Four trays with turner ( have trays need a turner)
2 Fans ( Have)
Humity tray ( Have that)
tile and grout
door gussets

Need

Flexwatt Heat Tape - 11 in.
Price is per foot. 11" is 20 watts per foot. Max length of heat strip is 24 panels or 25'. (11" is 12.5" per panel. 24 panels equals 25 feet). This product is designed to be operated at a "herp-related" temperature and is an excellent heating material for herpetoculturists. Flexwatt is ultra-thin, at .012 inches thick, and is sealed in durable, flexible polyurethane
$3.60 a foot

Reptile Electronic Temperature Controller
Alife Reptile Electronic Temperature Controller An on/off thermostat that works great with infra-red heat panels (Enerjoy), ceramic heaters (Pearlco's), under tank heaters (Ultratherm's) and incandescent heat/flood bulbs. Not for use with mercury vapor or fluorescent bulbs. Has an safety shut off at 110F or 43C. Temperature range of 60F - 105F. Plug in up to three heaters. One 4 foot probe and 4 foot cord. Combined wattage of up to 1000 watts.
$30

Digital Panel Thermometer/Hygro
Digital Panel Thermometer/Hygrometer. We now have unit that will take the humidity and temperature reading at the probe! Temperature Range:-12? to 140?F (-25? to 60?C). Accuracy: ¤2?F from -12 to 140?F, ¤1?C from -25 to 60?C. Resolution: 0.1?F/C. Humidity Range: 10 to 99% RH. Humidity Accuracy: ¤5% 30 to 75%; with temperature from 32 to 122?F 0 TO 50?C. Min/Max memory. Clear button. Dry/Comfort/Wet LCD display. Probe length is 1 meter.
$35

Need some ideas on egg turner

Anything elses?

Yes, I got some cost here but figure I have a high dollar unit when finished. Something that will look nice and last.

Last edited:
This is similar to what we were thinking. I like the encasing of the heat, seems that it would create more stable heat cycle. would love to have update on your project. Also I was looking at reptile heat controller but can not find info on heat setting would love to know this also. hope all is well. Thanks for post.

Back
Top Bottom