Homeschool Moms and Dads -- Are you out there?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by honeydoll, Oct 7, 2009.

1. chicksgalore

chicksgalore Songster

Jul 19, 2008
    This is our first "official" year as our oldest started first grader this year. Tomorrow will begin our 8th week. We're doing Abeka for Phonics, Math and Handwriting and using Galloping the Globe for geography/history/science. It's more of a unit study and we can incorporate lots of fun stuff in it including lapbooks and art projects. We'll be building a volcano in a couple weeks and are looking forward to that. I'm also doing a little bit of "preschool" aged stuff with an almost 4-y-o.

2. Andora

Andora Songster

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    We are planning on homeschooling/unschooling! My DD is 3 right now.

She is an odd kid and she actually loves worksheets and workbooks. Wouldn't it figure that I get excited about unschooling and my kid loves to be "schooled" with worksheets? [​IMG]

I plan on following her lead and doing whatever kind of learning she enjoys the most rather than sticking strictly with a label of unschooling or whatever. Right now she has several of the preschool workbooks like Sesame Street, and several books that help you learn to write letters and numbers. It's crazy how fast she learns things...she can write her name now, all except the lower case letter e. For some reason she can only write capital E's, haha.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: