Homeschooling Worksheets for Incubating Eggs

Hello Jamie! I am happy to find others also! We should see about making a forum section for homeschoolers. I am schooling all of my sons and it has been a wonderful experience. Today we candled our eggs at 3 days and we have chickies forming! They are so excited. They made the incubator themselves. It is so amazing to me what we can teach our children at home. Nothing can replace the togetherness and the hands on learning. I am off to check out the site you listed...
Michelle

We need to make a homeschool forum on here that would rock for us.

Ive thought about starting a homeschool thread just to see who all homeschools and then I found this one the same day. Ive been peeking in on all of you here and there... LOL I didnt have any sites to post but have been checking out some these. Thanks for the help!!! I love BYC! And love seeing other homeschoolers on here!
yippiechickie.gif

I'm brand new here, I've been lurking a few weeks but haven't posted until now. I found a blog a few days ago that had some great chicken links for kids. There was a link to the Enchanted Learning site had printable worksheets. Oh and this isn't my blog, just one I found.

http://jschickens.blogspot.com/

love.gif
Wow! I love all of this wonderful information for homeschoolers. I, too, haven't spent much time participating in the forums, but have read tons of wonderful information on BYC's forums. I have also purchased eggs from several members for our incubators and have met some of the nicest people this way, too. I would love to have more time to participate in the forums, but there is a lot going on right now which may require an out-of-state move in the near future, so when things settle down, I, too, will participate in many of the interesting and informative forums.

With regard to this particular topic and as homeschoolers of our three children, the provided information and links are certainly appreciated. It's so much easier when you have a support group of local friends that homeschool their children and it's so nice there are other BYC chicken-loving homeschoolers out there. Thanks, again, BYC/BYC members, for a wealth of information.
thumbsup.gif

Hello! We homeschool too and just finished our first hatch! We were very succesful! Good to see all of you out there! We are in Arkansas and are perparing for our homeschool testing this Wed.
frow.gif
I think I'm going to have mine do like a report with our pictures! I have a soon to be kinder. and 2 soon to be 4th graders also a 21 month old!
caf.gif

Today I have many eggs coming my way for our next hatch! We will have bantam blue cochins, sizzles, frizzle polish and some mille flue D'uccle. I'm so excited!
You all have a blessed day!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Hey Guys! We homeschool our boys too!!! I cheated though and just let my broody hatch out her own eggs! My 5yr. old shouted.."It's a miracle"!!! When he saw the first two chicks! Very Cool! I do have a bator Brinsea Eco with cradle but I just had another hen go broody for me!!! So we're going to candle them tonight and see what's developing and the good ones are going directly under the broody Mama's belly! It's kinda cool that we got to enjoy them for the first 12 days in the bator but I'm sooo excited that she will be able to take over the "job" from here on out!
smile.png
Anyway..Happy Hatching Homeschoolers!!!
smile.png

We actually started with chickens BECAUSE of homeschooling. I am a first year homescholer, and for science we were learning about the various life cycles. It came time for the life cycle off chickens, and I thhought, "Hey, that'd be so cool to incubate some eggs". Fast forward, we bought an incubator, had our first hatch, learned about the life cycle of chickens, and are now incubating more.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom