My birds get a lot added to their water. That is how I keep them healthy. Here is what I do.
Monday: ACV (Apple cider vinegar)
Tuesday: Pure water
Wednesday: Probiotics
Thursday: ACV
Friday: Pure water
Saturday: Vitamin and mineral supplement (rooster booster brand)
Sunday: ACV

ACV is in my opinion, a immune boosting supplement. If your birds droppings are the least bit runny, add ACV. Most people do 1 tablespoon, in my opinion, that is to little. I do 2 tablespoons. It is important to replace it often. I try to keep it out of sunlight. I have heard that it loses its supplement value of exposed to direct sunlight for to long. I have done little research on that though, so don't hold me to it! I replace the water 3 times a day.

Happy pigeoning!

Please get your pigeon a mate. It can be a same sex couple if you don't want babies.

If you keep him alone you will loose it... because it will want to find a mate and in the end fly away to look for one!

Keeping 2 is not any harder then 2. They will also get just as tame with you.

Also 2 is safer. If you release one white bird it is a tempting easy target for hawks! Having 2, they will have a nest, and retrun home to it faster.

As for the water.... they should have water available to them all the time. The feed is easy.. just put in the feeder once or twice a day and let them eat as much as they want. When they go for a drink and stop eating, take the feeder back out. Only refil the feeder when its virtually empty, so they are hungry to eat all the seeds, and not just their favourite ones. That way you won't have any feed wastage, they won't get too fat, and there won't be uneaten feed laying about the coop to attract rats.

I have a small flock of 12 white homers. If you lived near me I would give you birds for free.

Here are some one mine. They are super tame, and eat out of my hand, come when called, and even let me pet them, so don't be worried having more then one bird will mean they don't get tame.

Attachments

• pigeon2.PNG
    pigeon2.PNG
    805.2 KB · Views: 8
  • pigeon3.PNG
    pigeon3.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • pigeon5.PNG
    pigeon5.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
Please get your pigeon a mate. It can be a same sex couple if you don't want babies.

If you keep him alone you will loose it... because it will want to find a mate and in the end fly away to look for one!

Keeping 2 is not any harder then 2. They will also get just as tame with you.

Also 2 is safer. If you release one white bird it is a tempting easy target for hawks! Having 2, they will have a nest, and retrun home to it faster.

As for the water.... they should have water available to them all the time. The feed is easy.. just put in the feeder once or twice a day and let them eat as much as they want. When they go for a drink and stop eating, take the feeder back out. Only refil the feeder when its virtually empty, so they are hungry to eat all the seeds, and not just their favourite ones. That way you won't have any feed wastage, they won't get too fat, and there won't be uneaten feed laying about the coop to attract rats.

I have a small flock of 12 white homers. If you lived near me I would give you birds for free.
Awesome i got three other two females and two males now. My white homer wont let anyoneeee in his nest box? How do i pair them up? Also if he is territorial does that mean he is "homed"?

Back
Top Bottom