Honesty Box

AMcMahon

Hatching
Jun 16, 2015

So, I may have collected one too many little ladies. Between feeding the family and the piggies, we are having quite a bit of surplus right now. We live in a very close knit neighborhood with good people, so we decided to build an Honesty Box to sell the extra eggs.
We built it double walled with insulation in-between. The eggs are unwashed with instructions on how to clean and store them.They are fine now with the weather being so cool. I plan to check on it daily to replenish and replace any eggs never leaving anything out there over 1 week old. In the summer months, I plan on only putting a few dozen out in the mornings and then taking out any extra at the end of the day for the pigs just to be safe.
I'm super excited about it and I hope it goes over well.

Central Louisiana. Cool and Mild winters and very Hot summers. I will for sure have to keep a close watch on the eggs in the summer.

Central Louisiana. Cool and Mild winters and very Hot summers. I will for sure have to keep a close watch on the eggs in the summer.
You might want to insulate the door too for summer....and add some shade somehow?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom