honeynut cherrios

newchicks

Songster
11 Years
Sep 13, 2008
KANSAS
I was having my breakfast outside on the patio with my 2 girls hanging around hoping for a treat ..I didn't have any but the honeynut cherrios in my bowl. So I handed them a couple and they gobbled them up and then I gave them a few more, and then I tossed a few in the grass for them to search for. They seem to be fine, but did I make a boo boo giving them the honey nut cherrios, because they have some sugar soating on them?
fl.gif

Oh yea, Oh yea, Thanks for reassuring me, I feel much better, and what an easy cheep treat. I love sitting outside with them on the patio in the am, and now I can share my cherrios with them:weee

There is another thread here about people giving their chickens cheerios so I think you are okay with it.
smile.png

I throw them to my ducks all the time and the chickens are right there snatching them up. No harm ever came. My flock likes them so much I go to Big Lots in the summer and get the really big boxes for like a dollar and toss them out as treats.

I get a lot of free cereal and you'd think my chickens would love it. Mine do not have a sweet tooth. I'll dump a box of cereal (HN and others including Raisin Bran) and they act all excited for 5 minutes and pick it up and drop it. What a shame. They like nice and expensive whole grain bread though...
hmm.png

Quote:
I do the same thing each morning. My little Dominique sits in my lap while I drink my coffee...she is fascinated by the whole coffee drinking process. I share my breakfast with them too.

They love cheerios, granola and cinnamon Life.
gig.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom