Honky Has A New Friend!!

MrsDolittleDuck

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 29, 2013
Tennessee
Hi Everyone,
I have asked y'all about a friend for Honky. I loved hearing y'all. Well I have listened and have got Honky a new friend. She is part Toulouse and Sebastopol.
I would like y'all to meet her, I named her Penelopy. She is so beautiful and such a nice goose. She doesn't bit...thank the Lord...lol..lol...Honky also stopped bitting. Can you beleive that? We got her Sunday and we brought her home in a dog carrier. We never heard a peep (honk) from her. Didn't even know she was in the car. I put her in their pen and she was so good. I kept Honky out for a while. After a while I got Honky and let him go up to the pen. They were seperated with the fence, so they couldn't touch each other. I watched them for awhile. They took to each other right away. For 2 nights I divided the pen, Honky on one side, her on the other. The third night I let them be together. I checked on them a few time that night. They were always laying a foot apart from each other. it was the cutest thing.
I have brought them in the yard a few times. She is so good. just hangs with Honky and me. She loves to eat grass. Where she came from didn't have grass, so this is all new to her. She loves to go swimming with Honky in their pool. Guess I got to get a bigger pool. She is just a wonderful goose. I am so happy I got her for Honky. He does seem to just love her. They are together constantly. She follows him every where. When I call them from the yard, I call Honky and he always comes and she follows him. So cute.
So now I have two geese. I can't beleive it. Two years ago, I never would have thought I would have geese.
Thanks to all of you for giving me your opinions.

Here are some pics.

FIRST MEETING EACH OTHER

JUST HANGING

GEESE HOUSE

SPLASHING

MY BACK YARD

HOPE YOU ENJOYED MY NEW FRIENDS!

Just beautiful and Congratulations on having 2 geese now. They look like they are made for each other. and you have a beautiful place for them.
thumbsup.gif

Congrats! Your geese are adorable! I love your set-up for them, too. They are very lucky to have you!

Honky looks even more like a proud gander now, strutting his stuff, look at his neck in those pics! Very nice. I´m sure you´ll have a wonderful time with your geese. They have a great place to live, too! Next year you´ll be on here reading about raising goslings! I suppose he´s forgotten his mate in the mirror!

Back
Top Bottom