Hooded merganser removing an egg from nest box.

I just watched your latest video.That woody had a rough start so she may have a down year.I have 1 ring teal laying now but they normally dont lay till its warm out.Last year it was june/july.Mandarins,maybe you have a late starter.Lol I have one hen who has just started another nest and 1 2 weeks from hatch! But i screwed up the 1.I was taking the eggs and putting them back,only they know and don't like it!

I just watched your latest video.That woody had a rough start so she may have a down year.I have 1 ring teal laying now but they normally dont lay till its warm out.Last year it was june/july.Mandarins,maybe you have a late starter.Lol I have one hen who has just started another nest and 1 2 weeks from hatch! But i screwed up the 1.I was taking the eggs and putting them back,only they know and don't like it!
Yes she had a rough start I'm just glad she is still alive and doing good. I will be adding another pair of Woody's this year and hopefully Ruddy's. I had to take some Wood duck eggs and put them back earlier in the year because it was way below freezing at night. I'll give it a little more time and candle the last 4 in the Woody nest. I added the 3 to the Hooded nest and she didn't care she is a good sitter but they weren't fertile. Last year I added Green wing eggs to Cinnamon nests and they hatched them. This is the third year one of my Cinnamons started a nest and abandoned it and I had to incubate them. Then she has another nest later. The Green wings lay in June and July.

Yeah my cinnamon is the same way.I have a green wing laying and a whiteface taking over her box.i took my mandarins on cold nights too.That made her stop laying.I am prolly adding ruddys this year too.

Yeah my cinnamon is the same way.I have a green wing laying and a whiteface taking over her box.i took my mandarins on cold nights too.That made her stop laying.I am prolly adding ruddys this year too.
I have to build a new pool for Ruddys and add on or build a new aviary summer. I'm still filling in my old inground pool and that is taking all my money at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom