Hoop Coop DISASTER!

I can tell you right now that wasnt what I drew and if it is only a half inch in diameter than it needs to be longer because that it could be a more natrul bend

We just copied suzeeg's design and modified it a bit... we used screws...so far we have used 500
54234_run_frame.jpg

54234_run_frame_2.jpg

54234_run9.jpg

54234_run6.jpg

Wow that looks AMAZING! Thanks for the pictures!

Well, I expanded the base to make it 8x10 AND we used screws to hold the pvc together. So far everything is working well...

EXCEPT finding a way to attach the PVC to the 2x4s. I can't drill holes in the 2x4s to slip it into without compromising the structure. I bought some EMT straps but they just kept popping off. Hardware stores are closed for the weekend so on Monday Im going to go buy thicker emt straps and twice as many. I also bought corner brackets and I'm going to screw those to the wood so I can slip the pvc over one end.

Thanks for helping me and offering so much great advice everyone!

I used a conduit strap for a 3/4" PVC AFTER i drilled a hole and 3" screw through the 1/2" PVC pipe and 4X4 bottoms on mine. Its holding well, when you add braces (1 on each side and one on top- for mine i used 1X2 on sides and 1X3 on top) it wont go anywhere trust me.

So, I just came across this and have to tell you, pvc is so easy to work with. When I built my coops I did not glue anything. If you put my name in search you will see my hoop coops. they are 10 ' x 20'. If I take a 20' piec of pvc pipe and bend it and the ends are 10' apart i have about 7 feet or so of height..

Don't try to make the hoop parts with the connectors, just lash everything together with zipties then stabilize with really long screws...If we are talking about bending to make the hoop parts...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom