Hoop coop related question

Last time i bought them, I had a silverado. I just put the ends on each side in the truck bed and tied them down to the ratchet hooks (to keep the ends from popping loose if I hit a bump). Since I planned to make a hoop anyways, I didn't care if they had a bend when I unloaded. That bend actually made it easier to construct my hoop house. As long as you don't have to pass under any bridges, low wires or trees, you should be fine.

edited to add: I only transported 2 panels at a time, I only needed 4 total. It would be difficult to maneuver more than 2 panels in your truck. They get tangled up in each other.

I have a truck but it only has a 5’ 8” bed. Can I curl up the panel to fit like an upward facing tube? Are they that flexible with out bending permanently?
Is that the width of the bed?
Do the wheel wells take up part of the bed?
Probably better to curve it but with the edge on the bed floor, if the bed is flat across the whole width.
They can kink and it can be hard to get that kink back out to form a smooth curve again.
Take a look at this, might help you get it, and keep it, in the right shape while building.

I hauled a couple rolled up in a small trailer. They roll fairly easy. I was worried they wouldn’t fit but the guy that worked there had lots of experience loading them in all sorts of vehicles and knew just what to do. Honestly it was a lot easier than I imagined it was going to be
Curious the diameter they rolled them into, and if they kinked at all.

Well, 5'-8"(68") x 48-49" isn't a perfect square...think you mean the floor is flat because the wheel wells are covered by the tool boxes. (sorry, old drafter here) Anyway.

48" wide is likely to kink the panels. Unless maybe if you hung the curved part out over the tailgate.

I had a buddy with trailer(can't remember the size) move the first panels I got. Got some used ones later from a farmer who had a 16' trailer, those panel were kind messed up.
Ahh, poor wording on my part. I should have said a smooth sided box. No wheel well bulges to deal with.

We used a 8’ truck bed to transport ours. We placed one end in the bottom of the bed against the cab and walked them up to an arch. My husband held them in place while I shut the tailgate. We then ratchet strapped them down in a x patten from cab to back. It worked really well and have done it a couple times since. It didn’t leave any memory or kinks in the panels, not sure how a shorter bed would work though.

i too am thinking about putting them in an arch in my truck. I have an old ford long bed however so it's more than 4' wide. I would do a strap on the top too just in case.

Not really coop related but I’m sure someone here has dealt with this.

For anyone who’s gotten the 16 ft cattle/livestock panels, how do you get them home?

I have a truck but it only has a 5’ 8” bed. Can I curl up the panel to fit like an upward facing tube? Are they that flexible with out bending permanently?

I want to use them to make tunnel trellises in my garden. And maybe possibly an extension to my just built run if chicken math takes over this spring.
We just bend them into a "U" shape and strap them in. They straighten out when we remove them.

Not really coop related but I’m sure someone here has dealt with this.

For anyone who’s gotten the 16 ft cattle/livestock panels, how do you get them home?

I want to use them to make tunnel trellises in my garden. And maybe possibly an extension to my just built run if chicken math takes over this spring.
We very easily got them home in the back of the short bed of a truck. Takes 2 people. Stand on either side of the panel. Grab the ends, walk towards each other making a large "U" shape. Lift and slide into the truck bed, curved side against the cab. Place straps through the wire on the panels to tie down. Good to go. We were Able too get as many at 7 in there I believe...

Back
Top Bottom