Hoop coop/run?

ShrekDawg

You are loved.
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Jan 18, 2008
SE Massachusetts
Hi,

We are currently considering options for the run and it was between buying more dog kennel panels on Craigslist or a wood framed run with hardware cloth but I just think it's dumb to pay so much for more panels when it makes so little run space for the money and now I'm realizing building a run is just soo much wood to frame and so much money.

SO.

Now I'm back to considering cattle panels.

I considered them as a coop when I got the chickens in October but ended up with a 3x3 coop kit from TSC and 6x12 dog kennel we had laying around. Too small. Now I'm back to considering them and my dad likes them too.

I'd mostly just like to see pictures of people's hoop coops and runs. I know there's probably not much variation in design but I'd like to get ideas.

Also wanna know if people put a beam under the top to hold it up or if it stays up by itself. My dad wants to know and doesn't believe or understand how it stays up.

How does it hold up to fox, coyotes, hawk, etc.

And the chickens can't escape, right?

But mostly just pictures and also more info on how to do it and how to attach it to the frame and the coop???

Will be building this coop

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/jonny-anvils-chicken-coop

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I posted this at like 3 in the morning soo hahah also unrelated but does the wood for the coop being wet matter?

Back
Top Bottom