Hoop Houses -Plus and Minuses

LOVE my sawsall. I found it a bit easier to cut them on the ground though. Those blades cut anything, so let it (the blade) run into the ground and stand on the fence to keep it from shaking all over the place.

When I finished up our coop, and had to cut a hole in the run for the pop door, it was a real pita. I ended up sitting in the ground with my feet in the air pressing up against the panel to keep it from shaking like crazy so that I could make a cut. - Took me longer to cut out a little square than it did to cut both arches on both ends...

gig.gif
I call that the sawsall shake...a little dance I don't like to do as it leaves a nasty feeling in my hands, to hold that fencing when the saw is cutting. Igg!
sickbyc.gif
That's why I fastened mine down before cutting edges and holes...then I didn't have to hold it!
big_smile.png

Anyone ever tried using a cut off disc on an angle grinder to cut those cattle panels?

It's my was my favorite power tool....works lickity split on the 14ga fending and 3/4" EMT conduit.....while building my run this fall.

Anyone ever tried using a cut off disc on an angle grinder to cut those cattle panels?

It's my was my favorite power tool....works lickity split on the 14ga fending and 3/4" EMT conduit.....while building my run this fall.
It's not quite as fast as a torch, but it works prety dang good. It'll leave a little sharp, jagged egde that needs to be rounded off just like anything else that you cut with a cutoff blade or chopsaw.

Back
Top Bottom