Hoover Hatchery Mix-Up. Help ID!!

PrincessLayer16

Songster
Jun 10, 2022
Hey!! We picked up these chicks today among others at Rural King, and have no idea what we actually bought with these two in particular. (It was our first time going, they did not have any clues with the chicks)
They were in a bin labeled Columbian Wyandotte, and clearly they aren’t. Any help would be so appreciated!!
We are leaning toward maybe they are sapphire splash, but I could be way off!!

Attachments

• 05F05D2A-A23B-4768-87A9-CFED06C0DC12.jpeg
    05F05D2A-A23B-4768-87A9-CFED06C0DC12.jpeg
    449.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 7FFA9801-F13E-4474-B8FD-DCD721FD3398.jpeg
    7FFA9801-F13E-4474-B8FD-DCD721FD3398.jpeg
    464.6 KB · Views: 16
Hey!! We picked up these chicks today among others at Rural King, and have no idea what we actually bought with these two in particular. (It was our first time going, they did not have any clues with the chicks)
They were in a bin labeled Columbian Wyandotte, and clearly they aren’t. Any help would be so appreciated!!
We are leaning toward maybe they are sapphire splash, but I could be way off!!
First thing I would do is call them and see what breeds they have. I can’t tell, I’m on my phone and the pic is too small for my old eyes…do they have lightly feathered legs? Theres a few possibilities, some of which are hybrids.

First thing I would do is call them and see what breeds they have. I can’t tell, I’m on my phone and the pic is too small for my old eyes…do they have lightly feathered legs? Theres a few possibilities, some of which are hybrids.

We’ve called several times and can’t get to anyone that knows. It’s been frustrating.
They don’t have feathered legs, they are light gray legs and orange feet

The spot on their head is usually indicative of barring. Based upon the light color (most black barred birds have black and yellow down), I suspect they will be BLUE barred. Beyond that.....no idea

The spot on their head is usually indicative of barring. Based upon the light color (most black barred birds have black and yellow down), I suspect they will be BLUE barred. Beyond that.....no idea
My first thought was Blue Cuckoo Marans…one of mine had one feather on one leg, the other is clean legged, lol.

Back
Top Bottom