1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

hope ya dont get tired of me...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chick rookie, Nov 29, 2013.

1. chick rookie

chick rookie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2013
    Terre Haute, In
    Hello my name is Michelle 1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
    my grandmother had a few 100 chickens while I was growing up but never had my own till now. I started with 2 old girls last year and dont even know what they were and 10 Buff Op's (dont know how to spell it.. ) I was lucky to get 3-5 eggs a day so I just started getting more to up my egg production. Sitll with 21 I am lucky to get 10.
    (2) How many chickens do you have right now?
    I have 21 hens right now ,
    (3) What breeds do you have?
    I have 10 buffs, 5 golden commets, 1 that is susposed to be and an black ameraucana (but she lays Brown eggs) 3 white hens (unknown) (lay white eggs)and 2 real colorful hens that lay brown eggs. (unknown)
    (4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
    Still not happy with my egg production so I was researching to see what I was doing wrong and found this site, thought I would give it a shot,
    (5) What are some of your other hobbies?
    I do alot of trail ridding in the warmer mths, I have 3 horses and a mini that is due to foal in Dec. I rescue horses and dogs, just when I can, I am not a rescue. that and the ol'man the chickens and the normal day to day keep me on my toes.
    (6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    My kids are grown and on thier own, its just me the ol'man and the critters now I used to drive a truck but my lic. was taken away due to a medical con. which is what got me into chicken... trying to make a little bit of extra income to help out.

I hope you don't get tired of all the questions I do and will have.. I look forward to picking your brains.. lol

2. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    the Learning Center is a great place to start. It will answer questions, you didn't even know you had. Welcome to BYC

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hi, Michelle, welcome to BYC. Search the forums and question away.

7. chickenneighbor

chickenneighbor Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2010
    Maine
    Welcome to BYC!

8. chick rookie

chick rookie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2013
    Terre Haute, In
    Thank You all for the welcome. I have been checking out threads and the learning center and I don't have any questions for ya all as of yet... lol So far I have found the answers I was looking for. and some I wasn't looking for too... love the info here... and after reading some of it I had to go out and start a remodle on my coop... lol

[​IMG]
    Just a couple of my girls Heidi and Scar in front.

9. Chicken Happy

Chicken Happy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2012
    North Idaho
    Greetings from Idaho! [​IMG]

10. rockinpaints

rockinpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2010
    Ohio
    [​IMG] Cheers from Ohio! [​IMG]Glad you could join us! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by