Hoping for help

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by digger MN, Jan 10, 2011.

1. digger MN

digger MN Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2010
    I am on day 23 or 24 and figured that they were done so I opened bator and candeled before getting ready to get rid of them. I seen movement and it looked like beak was in or close to air sack so I got it back in as fast as I could and added more water in vent hole. Do you think I killed them. LIKE I SAID IN OTHER ONE. I NO SIT ON MY HANDS LONGER. Did it as long as I could take it. I even got ehd of carton a litte wet and humidty is back up again. It only went down a little. I am hopung they will make it. Thank you so much for any and all help

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    your temps might have been a little low.. but for me at day 23, if I see that the chick has pipped the membrane and not the shell, I pip the shell to give them oxygen. if they haven't hatched 6 hours after that, I help some more. Making certain that I don't cause any bleeding.

3. gitlost80

gitlost80 Trigger Pullet

Mar 27, 2009
    Reno/Sparks
    Mine were due today, and when I came home from the store the bator was up to 104! I freaked and snatched em out and candled. I still saw movement! I put them back in right away! Here it is 5 hours later and have a pip!!!! Im no eggspert, but you are probably still ok.Good Luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by