Horizon's End: A Wolf Story based on RWTP

OwlLover

Alaskan Wanderer
8 Years
Aug 25, 2011

Hello! This story is based off of the roleplay RWTP. As you may know, I stopped (or, better put, took a break from) Wolf Story to plot. I've come up with some great plot ideas, and I can promise that this re-written version will be epic and much more intense.

Now, much like the last one, there will be a few different perspectives as the story goes on. There will be both wolves from the original and wolves from the new RP included in this story. But, don't panic; overall, this story will still be almost the same as Wolf Story. There will just be a few differences, here and there.

Now, I will say this, just to prevent any confusion and/or disputes. There will be some fairly gruesome battle scenes, and not every wolf is going to live. I already have the death scenes for some of my own characters planned out. There won't be any unnecessary gorefests or bloodbaths, but if your wolf is killed in this story, please don't take it as a personal attack against you or your wolf. I just have plans for this story, and unfortunately, that means that some wolves will have to die.

Now, onto the credits!

I own Senkah, Hades, Faedon, Cody, and Zero in Stonepack; Kodiak and Akira in Darkpack; Lark and Stone in Emeraldpack; and Hunter and Silver in Pinepack

wildriverswolf90 owns Aki and West in Stonepack; Luna and Nighta in Darkpack; North, Koga, Akira, and Sky in Emeraldpack; and Yukon, Blizzard, Mystery, and Isis in Pinepack.

iluvorpingtons owns Quartz in Stonepack; Atra, Cedar, and Moss in Darkpack; Nyx and Storm, and their pups Thrush, Night, and Clover in Emeraldpack; Splash, Echo, Fox, and Dewdrop in Pinepack; and the loner Starling.

SilkiesForEver owns Rain, Thunder, Sierra, Nike, Ash, Mink, and Mari in Stonepack, and Ebony, Timber, Sheiana, and Killian in Darkpack.

horsecrazychicklovingkid owns River, Bird, Tawny, Reed, Moonsky, Fish, and Mosquito/Skeeter in Darkpack.

ClucksAndPeeps owns Fyra and Echo in Stonepack; Koda and Willow in Darkpack; and Muri in Emeraldpack.

Chickenfan4life owns Nebrivo in Stonepack; Nikko in Emeraldpack; Ember in Tundrapack; and Suka in Darkpack.

MsChickenMomma owns Charlotte and Duke in Stonepack and Klash in Darkpack.

SilverDragon owns Girvan, Poppy, and Jisrun in Stonepack; Vashti, Comet, and Bloodfang in Darkpack; and Fern in Emeraldpack.

DarthLayer owns Zara in Stonepack and Blaze in Emeraldpack.

Chickenpalz2 owns Amber in Darkpack.

Kiba0924 owns Azar, Aella, Theos, and Mason in Pinepack.

chicken boy13 owns Kludd in Stonepack and Destoe in Darkpack.

StarrNico owns Kyra and Leah in Emeraldpack, and the loners Rose and Pitch.

Nickeyo owns BeechTreeCreek; although the pack is only mentioned by name.

Anyways, enough of the ranting and formal introductions and stuff. Get ready for one epic tale, and... Let us begin!

Last edited:
Chapter 1

A large pack of wolves seated around a motionless form howled a mournful chorus to the heavens above. The lifeless wolf was laid on a large flat rock. The sky was painted and stained with the brilliant oranges and blood reds of dawn. The sight alone was heartbreaking; it was not just the dawn of a new day, but the dawn of a new leadership. A new era.

The howls echoed across the mountains and reached the heavens above. It lasted for several minutes, seeming to just hang in the air, before it gradually faded. As the song ended, a soft furred black she-wolf lowered her head. She had a white underside and tail tip, as well as white paws and white ears. Her eyes were a stunning sapphire blue, and they shone like polished gems.

She was Senkah, the beta- or rather, was the beta- of Stonepack. Her father, the alpha, had just died hours before, in the wee hours of the night. She'd been the one to discover his lifeless body in his den. Heartbreaking as it was, she now had a duty. She felt as if an enormous weight had been placed on her shoulders when she thought of it.

She was the new alpha of Stonepack.

Her mind was abuzz as she helped Aki, a packmate of Stonepack, lift up the deceased alpha. Her packmates' gazes were so intense they were hard to look into. Hades watched her, with sympathy, sadness, and respect in his yellow gaze. Thunder and his pregnant mate, Rain, dipped their heads with great sorrow.

Senkah, with Aki's help, let the lifeless form of the former alpha of Stonepack slide onto the ground and into the grave. As Senkah buried him with the dirt they'd dug up, she finally began to think. Who will be the alpha male?

"There's one!" Hades whispered as he and Senkah watched a herd of elk from the trees. One was limping considerably, and hanging back. Senkah nodded, and she began to slink around, before breaking into a full-on run. The herd scattered as they fled from the predator in a crazed stampede. Senkah saw Hades race in front of the elk, and because of its limp, it couldn't turn quickly enough. She brought her jaws down on its hind leg, dodging as it kicked out in defense. Hades ran alongside it, and as it tripped from not being able to use all four limbs, he leaped. Sinking his jaws into its throat, it went down.

"Dinner is served." Hades grinned down eagerly at their meal, and was just about to dig in, before Senkah stopped him.

"No!" snapped Senkah. Hades jumped in surprise, and lowered his head in submission."You know that the whole pack needs to be called here first! Rain can't hunt by herself!"

"Well, I was kind of hoping it would be just you and m- Nevermind," Hades muttered. He looked away in shame.

Senkah blinked in surprise. She didn't understand why Hades acted so differently around her. He was much sweeter and... just weirder in general around her than he was with other wolves. Probably respects me because I'm the alpha now, she thought. It was still so strange to think that she was the alpha female of Stonepack. Forcing away these puzzling thoughts, she tilted her head back and howled to summon the pack. A few minutes later, the pack came running.

Senkah took a seat by the elk's neck, where there was more muscle. Shyly, Hades came over and sat down beside her. She cocked her head to the side, but didn't question him.

Aki pried a leg off of the elk's body, and dragged it away to eat by himself. Senkah had chosen him as her beta days before, and she was starting to consider seeing if he was her type as a mate. He was definitely alpha material, and that's why she had chosen him as her beta. She glanced at Hades.

Maybe Hades is, and I just don't realize it yet, a tiny voice inside her said quietly. Senkah took a bite of the elk, wolfing down the meat. "You called it, Hades," Senkah commented, "this is a good elk. You're a good hunter."

"Thanks," Hades smiled, beaming.

Senkah took another bite of the elk. "We should hunt together more often." As she looked over at him, she felt her heart give a powerful lurch.

For a split second, Hades looked like the happiest wolf alive. He quickly contained it, however, and said, "Yes, we should."

A week passed. Hades bounded through the forest alongside Senkah after a rabbit. His jaws snapped, just catching the leg. He shook it fiercely, killing it within a few seconds. "Here," Hades smiled, holding the rabbit up for her.

"Thank you, Hades," Senkah murmured, smiling broadly as she took the rabbit. She turned, padding out of the forest and into the moonlight to eat it. As she padded through, it suddenly opened wide into a vast, grassy meadow. She settled down and began to eat, the moonlight reflecting off her pelt. Slowly, Hades came over to her. Senkah felt a roar of emotion within her.

Hades nuzzled the side of her neck softly. Senkah's heart leaped when he did that, and she wished he hadn't moved away. Am I... in love?

"Senkah..." Hades murmured, "I love you."

Senkah felt her heart leap. Yes. I am. I love Hades. "I love you, Hades!"

Hades grinned from ear to ear. "Be my mate?" His tail began to wag.

"Yes," Senkah replied without skipping a beat. Grinning, she rose to her paws. "Race you to the dens!" She smiled as she ran, howling her joy with her new mate. Stonepack had a new alpha male.

Why wasn't I listed in the credits? I have wolves that I rp too, even though 98% of the time you don't reply....

Why wasn't I listed in the credits? I have wolves that I rp too, even though 98% of the time you don't reply....

It was hard enough remembering the wolves I listed. I just forgot about yours. I can add them. And if I don't reply, it is because I don't see it. There's other people on the RP, too. I'm not a robot to RP with; I'm a person, too, and I'm not perfect. You don't have to be passive aggressive.

Last edited:
It was hard enough remembering the wolves I listed. I just forgot about yours. I can add them. And if I don't reply, it is because I don't see it. There's other people on the RP, too. I'm not a robot to RP with; I'm a person, too, and I'm not perfect. You don't have to be passive aggressive.
I'm not being passive aggressive, sorry....

Quote:
The 98% comment technically was passive aggressive, but okay. I understand. And I'm sorry if I seem rude; I don't mean to be. I'm under a lot of stress right now; I know that's no excuse, but I'm sorry.

Last edited:
The 98% comment technically was passive aggressive, but okay. I understand. And I'm sorry if I seem rude; I don't mean to be. I'm under a lot of stress right now; I know that's no excuse, but I'm sorry.
Yeah, I know I sounded sorta rude. Sorry about that, know what you feel.

Chapter 2

A young reddish-gray she-wolf lay stretched out on a warm, sunny rock. She had a white underside and tail tip, as well as white paws and ears. Her eyes were a very rare, yet stunning shade of pale hunter green. Her fur was soft and smooth, and her build was sleek.

This pretty young she-wolf was Faedon. She was the daughter of Stonepack's alphas... and she didn't let anyone forget it. Being the daughter of the alphas, she got away with considerably more than the rest of the wolves, although that didn't mean she could run amok, either. Faedon had a short temper, and she was very impatient. She was about a year old; she wasn't a pup anymore, but she still had quite a bit to learn.

Faedon's pale green eyes blinked open, and she raised her head, as she heard pawsteps storming into the densite, along with angry grumbling. Her father, Hades, was entering the densite... and he was not happy. For a split second, Faedon wondered if she should go and inquire about what was wrong; Hades was a fairly mild-tempered wolf, but when he was angry, he said things that he usually kept to himself. These things were usually quite hurtful. But curiosity overcame the young she-wolf, and she dashed over to his side. "What's wrong?"

"Darkpack has coated their nasty stench far across the border!" Hades bristled. "That wasn't an accident; they did it on purpose! They're trying to start something, I just know it! And what's worse is that I just missed them!"

Faedon felt the fur along her spine rise uneasily. She'd heard tales of Darkpack, and smelled their border, but never seen one of their wolves, nevertheless fought against them. "By how much?" she asked softly.

"By about two freaking minutes!" Hades roared. Faedon flinched; she couldn't tell if he was yelling at her, or about Darkpack, or both. Her father was normally well-tempered, and she'd never seen him this angry.

There were four main packs: Stonepack, Pinepack, Emeraldpack, and Darkpack. They never heard much about or from Emeraldpack or Pinepack, aside from an occasional distant howl announcing food to their own packmates. There were three other packs, as well; they were called Summitpack, BeechTreeCreek, and Ameroq. However, their territories were so far away that even distant howls were nigh impossible to hear. They were barely even aware of each other's existences.

Darkpack, however, was different from the rest. All of the other packs needed to watch their backs with Darkpack around. Although they had surrendered when Nox, the founder of Darkpack, attempted to dominate the territories and drive the other packs out, recently they had started acting up again. Ever since Kodiak and Atra had become the alphas, Darkpack had completely disregarded the borders as though they didn't even exist. Either they were ignoring them, or did it just to spite the packs. No one knew for sure, but just about everyone in Stonepack believed that they were doing it for the latter. Whatever the case, this behavior was causing much unrest.

"What are we gonna do about Darkpack?!" Aki barked as he stalked over to Hades, snapping Faedon out of her thoughts.

"What a coincidence! I was just about to take that to my mate," Hades snapped back at the beta in a rather rude tone. The noise had attracted Senkah out of the alpha's den.

"We should go there and bring the trouble to them, destroy them!" Aki growled as he fumed.

"Wait," Senkah growled firmly, "we can't just go rushing off into war." Her voice was tense, as though she didn't agree with what she was saying. I wish I could kill you, Atra, she thought silently. But I can't be reckless.

Aki let out a throat ripping growl. "We have to DO SOMETHING! We can take them out! Come on Hades!" His fur bristled; not at Hades, but at Darkpack.

But Hades didn't see it that way, unfortunately. He snapped his jaws at the air beside Aki's head, missing purposely as a warning. "Who do you think you are talking to me that way?! I am your alpha!"

Aki suppressed a growl, but lowered himself and submitted. "Sorry Hades," he apologized. "I don't know why I got that mad."

Just then, Sierra and Nike, Rain and Thunder's two pups, came thundering into the camp, their eyes huge. "Woah. Calm down. Sierra, Nike, what's the matter?" Senkah asked them calmly.

"Darkpack!" Sierra growled.

"We smelled their scent on the border, and went to investigate, and we saw a wolf running from our territory back to theirs!" Nike added with a bark.

Senkah's eyes narrrowed. "Hmm..." she muttered. "This is getting interesting..." She stalked away to her den to think.

Later, Senkah slunk away to the stream at around midnight. She got a drink, and the. took a whiff of the Darkpack border. "I don't know how they can stand the way they smell," she muttered, wrinkling her nose.

She slowly smirked to herself as she gazed over into Darkpack's land. "They think they can help themselves over to our land... why not to the same to them?" she smirked to herself.

After making sure no one from Darkpack was around, Senkah quietly stepped over the border and onto Darkpack's territory. She rubbed up against several trees, smothering them in strong Stonepack scent. She noticed a plump mouse scuttle around the pine needles, and she smirked. A nice little snack, she thought. Bunching her hind legs, she jumped. Her jaws wrapped around the mouse, and it squeaked, squirming. To end its suffering, she quickly broke its spine. Knowing Atra, she probably would have tortured the poor thing, Senkah thought bitterly.

Putting the mouse down back over on her side of the border, she marked a couple more trees before quickly leaping back over to Stonepack's side. "Let's see how you mousebrains like that," she muttered, picking up the mouse and trotting into the forest.

Back
Top Bottom