horrific hatch, brinsea oct 20, what went wrong?

Speaking of cleaning the Brinsea Octagon bators. If you have submerged the yellow bottom, you need to take it apart and clean the foam that is used as insulation. I figured this out after my last hatch. I knew water had gotten into the bottom so I took it apart and noticed rust and black spots on the foam. I soaked the foam in bleach water and then dried it really well then put it all back together again. The manual tells you not to submerge the bottom but I didn't read that part.
hide.gif

I just hatched 17/20 fertile eggs in my brinsea oct 20. Only thing is, they were supposed to arrive Wednesday, so lockdown was on Sunday. As I was preping the eggs for lockdown and getting ready to candle them, I noticed that 2 eggs had pipped and one was cheeping at me. I quickly closed the top after I got the humididty up and still had a great hatch. Dont give up to soon.

Quote:
oh. that could be it. the last hatch was a dusty poopy mess and i submerged the yellow bottom when washing it...... i shall have to check that foam!!!!
is it easy to open the bottom up?

Quote:
Yes very easy. Four screws and you can get it apart. After my next hatch is done I am going to take it apart again to get the bottom clean without getting the foam wet.

Back
Top Bottom