1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Horse barn!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by L*A*G*, Oct 25, 2009.

1. L*A*G*

L*A*G* Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    This is a thread to show us horse lovers/wanters/owners pics of your horses.
    I want a horse sosososososososososo bad! If I had a choice I would get a haflinger.

I would love to see your horses (if you don't own a horse but you have one picked out share him/her too!)
    this is Henry a haflinger gelding that I would love to have.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    I'm not familiar with haflingers - how big are they?

Henry's a beautiful horse, I want him too! [​IMG]

3. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Here is my pony I recently traded my horse for.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  4. L*A*G*

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    hen-thusiast- haflingers are a smaller size ranging anywhere from 13-14 hands. Yes I think he is beautiful and in the summer we would look like a new copper penny!
    ibpboo- you have a pretty horse and a term for you
    when God made horses he painted the good ones.

5. hunterjumper999

hunterjumper999 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2008
    Box Springs
    we already have one of these!

6. L*A*G*

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    Quote:we do?

7. joedie

joedie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Indiana
    [​IMG]

This is my 8 yo Haflinger mare nursing a miniature horse foal she adopted. No milk of course, but gives her lots of comfort and acts as a surrogate Mom.

8. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    L*A*G* :

hen-thusiast- haflingers are a smaller size ranging anywhere from 13-14 hands. Yes I think he is beautiful and in the summer we would look like a new copper penny!when God made horses he painted the good ones.

That's the perfect size! Look at the beautiful manes! [​IMG] There is no way I'd ever be able to keep such a beautiful horse clean.

I've got a new horse I just rescued last month outside. Maybe I'll get a picture of her later today.​

9. L*A*G*

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    Quote:That's the perfect size! Look at the beautiful manes! [​IMG] There is no way I'd ever be able to keep such a beautiful horse clean.

I've got a new horse I just rescued last month outside. Maybe I'll get a picture of her later today.

please do! horses fill my spirits!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. featherfooted

featherfooted Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
    Haflinger are great horses. They can be larger than 14 hands. A friend of mine has one that is 15.1 hands. His a great horse that rides and drives both single and double. She has him for sale if anyone knows someone looking for one. I had a Haflinger mare and wish I had never sold her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by