Horse club

Looking forward to hearing and seeing how the new pony pans out @Butterscotchbitesfinger .
Did not know you got a new tiny horse. Awe! Super cute. How's the care? Hudson must be happy for the company. ♡

Oh goodness, send rain this way!!! So glad you have some but wish you would share 🌦🌧🌧🌧
Yeah we are thinking a horse about 16-16.3hh and the horse has to be relatively young. I’ll go to 12 years but has to have good bloodlines and have good movement.
Yeah we got a mini last may, maybe I forgot to tell you guys. Her names Peggie Sue. She cost me $800 and I saved up for years to buy her. She actually is pretty low maintenance, she’s extremely fat at the moment but I’m taking her out on walks when I can and she hasn’t foundered *touch wood*. She doesn’t try to go through fences or do anything stupid and she is overly friendly. Her and Huddie are best friends.

Oh please take all the rain! We have had an insane amount, the local river has flooded twice in the past few months, that’s not happened for over 50 years.

Your not alone with the measurements. It is tuff finding a great saddle. I am so happy to hear you scored! I hope you share photos to inspire the rest of us to at least go clean our tack lol 😂🐎
So true! I'm searching for one as well, and it's so frustrating that different brands are not consistent in their sizing. A MW wide tree in one brand is the same as a M in another, or even an older model of the same brand, and the gullet sizes vary wildly. I'm trying to figure out some way of making a cast of my horse's back and carting that around with me...at least I know the seat size for me! And yes, you guys have inspired me to clean my tack!

Your not alone with the measurements. It is tuff finding a great saddle. I am so happy to hear you scored! I hope you share photos to inspire the rest of us to at least go clean our tack lol 😂🐎
It is hard! Especially where I live there are practically no saddles available local...it's not a very 'western' area lol. That, or all of them were one seat size too small or wayy out of my price range 😅

Here are some pics of my saddle! It was kept in super nice shape (also in AC!) so I haven't had to clean it yet. I feel like I'll have to give it a little cleaning soon since I haven't gotten a saddle cover yet and it's getting a bit dusty at the barn. I just have to remeasure the girth I'm borrowing (think I measured that wrong too 😂 ) since I thought it was one size, but the tag says the other...and I'm getting the rest of my saddle stuff from the same website, so I haven't gotten the cover yet or anything. I waited on that stuff since I wanted to have the saddle first and figure out how it fit Ginger and the sizing etc before making any guesses for girth, pad, cover, y'know.

And yeah, Ginger has the muzzle of shame now LOL. It's our newer method of stopping her from biting. It seems to be helping 'take the wind out of her sails' and stop the worst of the biting, but she's still a grumpy girl being tacked up. It's just this way, now she can't actually hurt anyone else who handles her and I can trust her with my students more so I don't always have to watch Ginger like a hawk. I still am very cautious but it's been a big help! Poor girl looks so pathetic in it though :gig

Attachments

• 20220511_095706.jpg
    20220511_095706.jpg
    577.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220512_190056.jpg
    20220512_190056.jpg
    836 KB · Views: 2
I agree with @littledog and good eye. She does look good and the saddle is nice with the beautiful sunflower filigree. Looks like the fleece is in decent shape and will give you some more years forsure, especially with a nice blanket. And yes, looks well made so you can be happy with your purchase forsure. Congratulations!

Sorry about the biting. Hopes she stops soon, that is no fun.

Aw, poor Ginger! Quit nipping at children, so you won't have to wear the muzzle of shame.
She seems in better shape than last year though, healthy, shiny coat and not as ribby. And that looks like a nice saddle!
Yeah! She's definitely doing a lot better health-wise. In fact, she gained quite a bit of weight while on stall rest, and we want her to actually lose a little and get more into shape so she doesn't have so much extra weight on that bad leg of hers. Obviously she shouldn't lose much, but y'know. Now that I'm working her more and she's being used for lessons more as well she's on that track to hopefully getting back into shape!

It definitely makes me happy to see a bit of chunk on her, though. 😂 I should go back thru my photos and find the comparison shots I've collected over the last year...you can see her transformation! ❤️

I agree with @little dog and good eye. She does look good and the saddle is nice with the beautiful sunflower filigree. Looks like the fleece is in decent shape and will give you some more years forsure, especially with a nice blanket. And yes, looks well made so you can be happy with your purchase forsure. Congratulations!

Sorry about the biting. Hopes she stops soon, that is no fun.
Thank you!! I thought it was a beautiful find with that tooling, too. I really wasn't looking for a pretty saddle specifically (just a well made one that works lol!) but I was so happy I found a nice one like that anyways, aha.

Yeah, it is no fun, but thankfully the muzzle is helping!

Back
Top Bottom